(pic heavy) 5 Scratchbuilds started. 2 Peregrine, 2 Larson and a TMP Miranda

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: (pic heavy) 5 Scratchbuilds started. Peregrine, Larson and a TMP Miranda

Postby el gato » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:43 am

How are you planning on doing the pylons on the Larson? Attaching them to the body from the top or the side?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Hossfly72 wrote:Yup. I was planning for the impulse in the center and two hangers on the outside. Got a belly shot?
I need to come up with a better looking way to do mine. Basically, I just haven't been able to find good views of the Larson anywhere. Hmmm, just had a flash of insight... let's hope I can remember it this weekend when I get a few minutes in the shop!

Yea, I think that the two hangers on the outside edge is the way to go.
I have several dozen images of the TOS Larson, if ya want. I research ships before I build them. :D :lol:

And as a matter of fact... Yes I do. Several images of Larson's belly. lol

Here ya go:

My idea is to do something along the lines of these two.
yamato05ia1.jpg

Fasa-F-Larson-B.jpg

I personally don't like the "V" step on the bottom of this one. But I do like the rear part of it (prolly incorporate so aspects of it on mine)
16730547_10208543534086981_5206274186096970146_n.jpg
16730547_10208543534086981_5206274186096970146_n.jpg (37.47 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Laterz...
Vahmp

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:23 pm

el gato wrote:How are you planning on doing the pylons on the Larson? Attaching them to the body from the top or the side?

As on the images, El Gato. :)
On top edges. ;)
Laterz...
Vahmp

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Vahmp wrote:My idea is to do something along the lines of these two.

I personally don't like the "V" step on the bottom of this one. But I do like the rear part of it (prolly incorporate so aspects of it on mine)

Yeah, you'll want to do something to the aft ventral side because that ship on the second picture is too plain. Generally speaking, the TOS aesthetic is minimal detail, but that is definitely too minimal.

But you know why that V is there, don't ya? It's because it's a Terran Empire ship ;)
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:55 pm

el gato wrote:
Vahmp wrote:My idea is to do something along the lines of these two.

Yeah, you'll want to do something to the aft ventral side because that ship on the second picture is too plain. Generally speaking, the TOS aesthetic is minimal detail, but that is definitely too minimal.

Yea, it is way to plain... What I ment was those 2 square thingys that are on the 1st and 3rd images. And maybe add some more greeblies. We'll see.

But you know why that V is there, don't ya? It's because it's a Terran Empire ship ;)

Oh? No, I didn't know that! I just thought it was the hull extending down another deck, something like on the top of the Miranda/Peregrine hulls. (that's not just a design, it actually extends down. In other images it can be seen better.) Personally, I don't care much for that deck extention.
Laterz...
Vahmp

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:35 pm

You know hoe the Miranda Class has those two "trenches" full of greebles on the dorsal side? They roughly correspond to the shuttlebays/shuttledeck. Maybe when you add the detail on the ventral side of your Larson you do something similar, having those square thingies imply there's a connection between that detail and the location of the shuttlebay doors

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:56 pm

el gato wrote:You know hoe the Miranda Class has those two "trenches" full of greebles on the dorsal side? They roughly correspond to the shuttlebays/shuttledeck. Maybe when you add the detail on the ventral side of your Larson you do something similar, having those square thingies imply there's a connection between that detail and the location of the shuttlebay doors

Yea, that's a good idea! :D
Thank! ;)
Laterz...
Vahmp

Hossfly72
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Hossfly72 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:21 pm

The "V" thingy! That's the detail I don't like about mine. Next time I scratch up a Larson, it'll look like that first pic you posted. Fits my sense of the aesthetic a bit better. Thanks!
i don't know. I'm making it up as I go.

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:56 pm

Hossfly72 wrote:The "V" thingy! That's the detail I don't like about mine. Next time I scratch up a Larson, it'll look like that first pic you posted. Fits my sense of the aesthetic a bit better. Thanks!

Exactly why I'm not doing mine like that. Don't like that V at all! :lol:
Laterz...
Vahmp

Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Postby Tesral » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:26 am

I would ditch the dish hanging down. Build something in the leading edge. Ennex-like.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “1/2500”