TOS-E WIP

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: TOS-E WIP

Post by mophius »

I do need to make some decals for my KBoP so will put these on the list to make. I will also get less wasted paper this way :)
As it is I am going to cut my A4 sheets down the 6"x 4" to avoid wasting as much. When I printed out my Reliant decals that was on a full A4 sheet which wasted about half a sheet
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

mophius wrote:I do need to make some decals for my KBoP so will put these on the list to make. I will also get less wasted paper this way :)
As it is I am going to cut my A4 sheets down the 6"x 4" to avoid wasting as much. When I printed out my Reliant decals that was on a full A4 sheet which wasted about half a sheet
I keep all the decals along the top, and adjust the paper size in the settings.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Tesral wrote:
mophius wrote:I do need to make some decals for my KBoP so will put these on the list to make. I will also get less wasted paper this way :)
I keep all the decals along the top, and adjust the paper size in the settings.
that's what I do, might !!!!!!!! off the printer a little if it runs out of paper before it thinks it should
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

Some decals went on tonight. I went to put the pylon regulator vent decals and realised I should have chopped them into four as they don't line up with the grills that are moulded on the pylons.
Same with the window decals on the bottom of the saucer. I did manage to cut them when they were wet on the saucer without tearing them though so could get them better in line with the rings that are moulded on.
DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

I need to drag another of these out and do a better job. The one on the shelf stinks.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

I'm with you Tesral. Overall I'm happy with mine, but I can do better.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

Having trouble gettig a couple of decals to stick down on this. Can I use Microset to soften the decal then use watered down PVA glue to hold them on?
I did use microset to base the decals on to help them adhere but some of the edges are curling away especially on the nacelles and secondaey hull which are curved.

Last couple of builds I have been lucky to get away with not using the Microstuffs and all but one or two have stayed in place.
I don't think that the rattlecan glosscoat is helping at all as it doesn't let metallic paints cover nicely they gloop up. and same for water on the gloss it really does sit together in drops and not spread flatly.
I will have to get my Finish out to go over models in the future
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

That is weird. Usually Microsol works for me. I have Microset, but I have yet to use it. Could it be the decal paper you're using? For those experts who print decals, what is your product of choice?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

This is the original decals from the TOS three ship set

EDIT
I do mean the cadet series but yes the age could be a factor as I believe it was about 6 months ago when I coated them with liquid decal. Kit was purchased in January which it was sealed then.
Last edited by mophius on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Ah. In that case, the age of the decals could be a factor

Return to “1/2500”