Sortuf a 1/2500 Diorama... :)

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Sortuf a 1/2500 Diorama... :)

Postby Vahmp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Griffworks wrote:Sorry to hear about your wife, as well!

Thank you Griff.

The wall looks really nice! I’d be more than happy to have that.

Thanks. :)
And as for being "happy to have it"....
Ok, deal. But you can only have it, if you come down here and take the WHOLE wall! ;)
Mind you, It's a masonry wall. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laterz...
Vahmp

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:11 pm

kobayashimaru wrote:awesome!
that backdrop looks wonderful.

Thanks man. :D

Promise me you wont 'dispose' of the painted matte-painting background, it looks nice.
because of the angle of the planet, it could stand in for a number of exo-planets.

Wish I could but, There's just one teeny tiny problem...
It's not a backdrop that can be taken down, it's painted on a brick and stucco wall.

The diorama is nice to see the projects in-situ there,
it gives a real sense of scale, given how huge the cardie station is.

"in-situ"? I don't understand that word, sorry.
But yea, the starbase and Station do give it a sence... :D
And I still have one Cardie station to build and put up.
The DS-9 1/2500 kit, which is bigger than that one on the top right.

I will be building other Starbases and Stations, but will only put them up on a wall when I sell and move to a new house with an even BIGGER space.
After all.... I have one project that, if I do it, it will be HUMUNGUS!

A 1/2500 scale model of the "Earth Spacedock".
Earth Spacedock (4).jpg
Earth Spacedock (4).jpg (92.27 KiB) Viewed 283 times

Yes, she's HUGE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laterz...
Vahmp

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Jason Abbadon wrote:That's a great diorama- and a great looking station too!

Really dig that Feddie station!

Thanks man! Yea, they do look great, don't they. :D

My best wishes to your wife's speedy recovery!

Thank you. :)
Laterz...
Vahmp

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 pm

el gato wrote:Sending my best to your wife and to you. Hopefully she will have a speedy recovery.

Thank you Jose. Yea, she is doing as well as expected. Actually a little better than expected. :)

This is such a cool idea. It's better than the "Borg cube storage cabinet" someone suggested elsewhere

Thanks Bro! :D :D
HUH? I never heard of that one. :?:
The only "Borg cube" I remember, was the one the young guy (forgot his name) who created the forum for the old "Mighty 10-12".
He asked everybody to send him all the left over spruce trees, that he used to build one face of a cube in 1/2500 scale. :lol: :lol:
Laterz...
Vahmp

NoKhando
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby NoKhando » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 pm

I like the hook method . I think I'll give it a try after the moody door-slamming teenager has left home . :roll:

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby Griffworks » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:26 pm

I believe you’re talking about Captain Bob - Aaron DeAngelis. I don’t think it was Aaron who did the Borg cube face, tho also don’t recall who it was. I think that I donated a small box of sprue and parts for that project, too.

I got away from 1/2500 Trek for almost 8 years, getting into Battlestar Galactica. I started building 1/4105 scale BSG, tho kept most all of my unbuilt Trek and all of the previously started Trek. I’ve done this before, tho, and as they say “All of this had happened before, and it will all happen again”... so I’m sure after a few years I’ll lay off of Trek - which I’m only building and buying in 1/1000 scale - and go back to BSG.

peted79
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Postby peted79 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Very nice diorama!
But by far much more important is that your wife will recover very soon.
My best wishes for you and your wife!!!

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:09 am

Vahmp wrote:Thanks Bro! :D :D
HUH? I never heard of that one. :?:
The only "Borg cube" I remember, was the one the young guy (forgot his name) who created the forum for the old "Mighty 10-12".
He asked everybody to send him all the left over spruce trees, that he used to build one face of a cube in 1/2500 scale. :lol: :lol:

The idea was proposed here, though that doesn't mean someone "borrowed" it from the Mighty 10-12. What they said was to do one face of the Borg cube as a built-into-the-wall cabinet. You open it up and there would be space to store models. You can have various holders to display other models as they are battling the cube
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:59 pm

NoKhando wrote:I like the hook method . I think I'll give it a try after the moody door-slamming teenager has left home . :roll:

Thanks. :) And GO FOR IT! As for "door-slamming teenager" goes... Yea, I get what you mean. But here, that problem is none existent. 1. The houses here are ALL made of Bricks and blocks, they don't build wood framed houses (only these past couple of years they started using Steel frame and dry wall techniques. :lol:
And 2. We don1t have kids. My son (from my 1st marriage, lives up there in Joysey. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laterz...
Vahmp

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Griffworks wrote:I believe you’re talking about Captain Bob - Aaron DeAngelis. I don’t think it was Aaron who did the Borg cube face, tho also don’t recall who it was. I think that I donated a small box of sprue and parts for that project, too.

Yea! That was him. Yea, it was Aron, and one of his friends. (I remember well, the build and who did it, just didn't remember his name. :lol: But yes, it was him. ;) :)
And I also remember you, Scott, and a bunch of others donated Spruce trees to him. :D :lol:

I got away from 1/2500 Trek for almost 8 years, getting into Battlestar Galactica. I started building 1/4105 scale BSG, tho kept most all of my unbuilt Trek and all of the previously started Trek. I’ve done this before, tho, and as they say “All of this had happened before, and it will all happen again”... so I’m sure after a few years I’ll lay off of Trek - which I’m only building and buying in 1/1000 scale - and go back to BSG.

Yes, I remember well you going to the GalacticaVerse. Your builds were really Kool Griff! Altho... Personally I don't like Nu-BSG. I'm totally into the Classic. And maybe, one day I'll do the TOS-BSG in that scale (Rag Tag Fleet and all) in scratch. But first I want to get all my ST ships done. We'll see. ;) :D :lol:
Laterz...
Vahmp

Return to “1/2500”