Star Trek Discovery breadcrumbs

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Star Trek Discovery breadcrumbs

Post by el gato »

Wasn't Lucius Malfoy supposed to be the captain? What is Yeoh doing there?
Last edited by el gato on Sat May 20, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder »

MEATLOAFr wrote:
NCC1966 wrote:I watched the trailer again and the most I see it I figure out more things. Now if you guys didn't like Archer and Janeway you definitively will hate this new captain. Seems obvious who will command that ship!

:mrgreen:
Probably will just kill her off in the first couple episodes :roll:

and the "bread to sense death" WTF why? what purpose does that serve? :roll:
Gives you a chance to delete your internet history. ;)
feldon30
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by feldon30 »

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Greyryder wrote:
MEATLOAFr wrote:
NCC1966 wrote:I watched the trailer again and the most I see it I figure out more things. Now if you guys didn't like Archer and Janeway you definitively will hate this new captain. Seems obvious who will command that ship!

Gives you a chance to delete your internet history. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Greyryder wrote: Gives you a chance to delete your internet history. ;)
incognito mode my friend :lol:
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x »

el gato wrote:
NCC1966 wrote:Watched trailer again and now it's official: when they release the kit of the Discovery ship I definitively HAVE to have it!
Depends on whether the Discovery is this ship:

Or this ship:

Based on what I have read and seen online, that second ship, which is the one depicted in the trailer, is the USS Shenzhou. The USS Discovery does not appear in the trailer. However, I have also read/seen online that supposedly the Discovery will look different than the promo video we saw last year. As to how much, don't know.
MEATLOAFr wrote:

Hard to say from the trailer. Michelle Yeoh may live, and stay in command of her ship, the USS Shenzhou, and Sonequa Martin Green may get command of the USS Discovery. But I wasn't overly impressed with Martin Green on TWD, and she sees to be carrying over the same type of character over to Discovery, based on the trailer. As a background character, her pissy attitude was fine and worked on TWD and for THAT character. If she is like that as a captain on Discovery, not sure I can take it. I hope I am wrong, and there is more to Martin Green than be !!!!!!!! off all the time and give her superiors attitude, and she is a more likable character.

As to the alien who senses death, yeah, seems like a silly premise. Maybe if he was engineered to have some sort of precognition, that would be one thing. But sensing death? Newsflash buddy, we all die!
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x »

el gato wrote:Wasn't Lucius Malfoy supposed to be the captain? What is Yeoh doing there?
They were both cast. Jason Isaacs is another captain named Captain Lorca. I am guessing we will see multiple ships with multiple captains, Not sure whether Yeoh and Isaacs will be main characters or supporting characters. One of the first details released about Discovery was that it was not going to focus on the captain(s) so much as the lower ranking officers, which is supposedly Martin Green's character, "Number One," who's first name is Michael. Yep, a female named Mike. Not Michelle. Not sure what that's about. But I digress....
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

nova1972x wrote:Based on what I have read and seen online, that second ship, which is the one depicted in the trailer, is the USS Shenzhou. The USS Discovery does not appear in the trailer.
Geez, this is a hell of a production failure. How do they make a trailer of a show that carries the name of a ship and the ONLY ship that show up in this trailer is NOT that ship! It wouldn't be a problem if we were talking about an episode trailer of a show that is already being broadcast but I cannot accept this on a trailer that is more like a teaser. It makes me think how bad in terms of continuity and consistence the show will be. It would be better if they didn't have shown any ship instead.

:evil:
Thanks,

Yan.
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x »

NCC1966 wrote:
nova1972x wrote:Based on what I have read and seen online, that second ship, which is the one depicted in the trailer, is the USS Shenzhou. The USS Discovery does not appear in the trailer.
Geez, this is a hell of a production failure. How do they make a trailer of a show that carries the name of a ship and the ONLY ship that show up in this trailer is NOT that ship! It wouldn't be a problem if we were talking about an episode trailer of a show that is already being broadcast but I cannot accept this on a trailer that is more like a teaser. It makes me think how bad in terms of continuity and consistence the show will be. It would be better if they didn't have shown any ship instead.

:evil:
I agree. IT's pretty bad. I think what they me trying to do is because the concept art was polarizing, they may be holding off showing the final product until the show debuts. I think that whether its coincidence or not, THIS is why CBS felt threatened by Axanar. I am not one of those conspiracy people that think CBS ripped off Axanar, but the coincidences are undeniable:
1. Both are set 10 years before TOS? CHECK!
2. Both have Klingons as the antagonists? CHECK!
3. Both supposedly set in the primeverse? CHECK!
4. Both have FX/production styles that resemble the Kelvinverse? CHECK!
5. Both seem to feature multiple ships and captains? CHECK!

Now the actual stories about the characters and Klingons may be different, and I am sure it will go in a different direction, but one can't deny the similarities.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Careful. You're treading on the Deep Space 9 ripped off Babylon 5 (or is it the other way around?) territory. Here there be dragons :P :lol:

Return to “General Trek”