Reimagined Enterprise

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Reimagined Enterprise

Postby Drop_Bear » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:54 am

I'm starting this thread for the reimagined Enterprise I started building for the TOS 50th Anniversary Group Build (link to the old thread) but didn't finish on time. I could have asked to have it moved here, sure, but I personally think it belongs where it is. I won't argue if admin disagrees and decides to move it. Anyway, this is the same project but with a new personal deadline; December 15, 2016; the 50th anniversary of the original airdate of Balance of Terror. Why this episode? Call it an on-paper throw of a dart. It's a convenient date, one of the better episodes of the first season, and Balance of Terror is a significant piece of Star Trek's history; it introduced us to the Romulans, the Earth-Romulan War, and the (Romulan) Neutral Zone.

Of course, this means I should probably build a Bird of Prey to display with the Enterprise... I'm not making any promises, but if I can afford/find one I will give the Polar Lights 1/1000 scale kit a crack. But it would have to be stock. Definitely stock. I'm terrible at getting anything custom finished. I try, though.

No project updates today. I just wanted to start this new thread now and link it with the old one before the group build board is locked.

The Enterprise dry assembled after dorsal pylon modifications
Last edited by Drop_Bear on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Reimagined Enterprise

Postby Drop_Bear » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 am

It is well past time I post an update on my Enterprise. What have I done in the many months I have had to finish her? Nothing. I have been distracted by other things. Oh well. I'll push myself to get back to it. I do have something to show; the Modular Models sensor dome I ordered, which turned up last month.

This is supposed to fit 1:650 and 1:1000 scale models. For the former you simply glue it in place, for the latter, you bore a hole in the saucer and fit it from the inside.

I like it. It's better than anything I could hope to cobble together. And it's a very nice part, too, well cast and with a minimum of flash. I'll try to have it fitted by the end of the month.
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

TrekMD
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby TrekMD » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 am

Cool. Looking forward to it!
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)