I bought more trek models...

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: I bought more trek models...

Post by el gato » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:12 am

I've described this hobby as "like a disease"
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:59 am

Hello,

My name is curt and I am A Plasticaholic... :P

I will be getting that model from you to senior gato, end of the month.

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:27 am

I'm a Plastaholic . . . . a Resinaholic . . . . a Vinylaholic . . . . a Vacuformaholic . . . . .

Oh, hell . . . . . I'M A MODELAHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can quit buying any time. Honest. Really. I mean it. I mean . . . . . oh crap, another order just arrived in the mail!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When you have over 700 unbuilt models, what's a few (dozen) more? :oops: :oops:

Seriously, though, I gotta get kit reviews done and posted for my website. From where I'm sitting right now, I can see 20 kits that I don't have reviews written for yet. Bandai Snowspeeder, Y-Wing and Electronic X-Wing, three Hasegawa Eggplanes (F-14, Space Shuttle and Vox Aura), Interstellar Ranger, two Alliance Babylon 5 models (Narn Frazi and EA Thunderbolt), reissued Hawk Project Vanguard Satellite, and more. Just no time to get reviews done since my parents were in a car accident a month ago. I spent 8 hours today seeing both of them, at two separate locations, with about 2.5 hours drive time there and back. I guess that's why I've been staying up late, just to be able to get some time at the workbench to relax and unwind.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:08 am

Pretty neat collection you have there, curt. Am I correct in guessing a Soyuz is on the cards?

And I, too, am a modelaholic. I have yet to have build up a proper stash, as the addiction has only recently afflicted me. I'm going to buy a kit or ten next year to get started. A Fireflash would be a good place to begin, I think. :D More worrying, though, is my Weber addiction. You start with one kettle and then you begin to realise how nice it would be if you had another, to cook two different dishes at once. I'm seriously thinking about starting a collection of them, as Weber kettles are surprisingly interesting devices. :lol:
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:55 am

Oh, wait, modelaholism is an overwhelming compulsion to collect an unnecessary amount of model kits isn't it? I might be confusing it with an ordinary desire to collect a large number of kits to eventually build. I would remove most of what I said above if I could. Sorry, I sometimes say or do silly things without realising it.
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Drop_Bear wrote:Oh, wait, modelaholism is an overwhelming compulsion to collect an unnecessary amount of model kits isn't it? I might be confusing it with an ordinary desire to collect a large number of kits to eventually build. I would remove most of what I said above if I could. Sorry, I sometimes say or do silly things without realising it.
Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other.

We all do that. S'alright.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Every kit I buy is purchased with the intention to build it . . . . eventually. :lol:
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:16 am

Yes I have an issue ;P

Every model I buy I intend to build... though I havent been doing much building. I need 2-3 more reliant kits to finish some if the things I want to do. I always loved the miranda class ships.

Who is it again that has the 1/1000 conversion? Is it Del? Any way back to my pit...

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:47 am

That's kinda the reason I'm picking up the 1:2500 Miranda/Avenger kits. There are some fantastic variants in the Jackill's Guides that I'd love to build. Now that the model is available in styrene, that means I don't have to carve up resin kits to build the variants.

karakel
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by karakel » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi I'm Karakel and I'm a model-aholic...

In the last few weeks I have been tempted and bought...

1/72 Alliance Peregrine Fighter
1/72 Alliance Delta Flyer

1/420 (ish :-D) Polar Lights Defiant

1/677 Voyager

1/1000 Polar Lights Romulan Battle Cruiser
1/1000 Delta Quadrant Klingon D5
1/1000 Delta Quadrant Klingon Raptor
1/1000 Delta Quadrant Klingon Early BOP
1/1000 Delta Quadrant Klingon Early D7
1/1000 Delta Quadrant Vulcan Surak

1/1400 Enterprise C
1/1400 Enterprise E x2
1/1400 Starcraft Refit Enterprise
1/1400 Starcraft Enterprise B

Type 3b Phaser Rifle x2
Tricorder Type X (Stapleton)
Relativity Tricorder (Stapleton)
Endgame Tricorder (Stapleton)
Nemesis Tricorder (Stapleton)
Boomerang Phaser (Stapleton)
Dolphin Phaser x2 (Stapleton)

... ... ... I really shouldn't be left alone with the internet :lol: On a side note I hope I set a good example and tempt the rest of you :P

Karakel

P.S. When the Stapleton (ebay: killmenow0) items finish arriving will do some pictures for the prop section to tide you over until the gmprop (ebay: gmprop) electronics kits become available for all of them... Needless to say they are gorgeous pressure cast resin goodness

Return to “Misc”