Eaglemoss USS Titan and USS Aventine

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
TonyG2
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Eaglemoss USS Titan and USS Aventine

Post by TonyG2 »

Eaglemoss have kept to their word and released models of the Lunar Class USS Titan and the Aventine as special models outside of the main stream releases. These are, unfortunately, in the standard size release boxes and not the larger "specials" that have been coming out from time to time.

Received mine this weekend and they are both pretty nice albeit small models. The Titan is to 1:3243 scale (140mm) and the Aventine is 1:4800 (also 140mm). The paint finish of the Aventine is excellent, reminds me of the Enterprise E from Nemesis. It is however very very small.

The Titan has a less detailed scheme and the upper pod on my example was slightly askew but it is still a nice model overall.

The downside is that these are commanding insane prices on ebay. I got lucky with mine and didn't pay too much but I have seen the Aventine listed at over £50.00 and that is WAY to much for a model that size especially given the quality of resin kits in established scales that are available.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Eaglemoss USS Titan and USS Aventine

Post by el gato »

Any pics you can post?

The ones I am interested in are the Shenzhou and the Discovery. I heard they would be roughly 2500
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
TonyG2
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by TonyG2 »

No camera at present but will see if I can find some screen shots. Can't recall seeing any details of the Shenzhou and the Discovery but will have a look at my usual sources.

Still looking for the Aventine

---------

Nothing I can see on the Star Trek Collective website but they are usually way behind on the release details and are still saying the Aventine release date is to be confirmed.....

Memory Alpha is both more reliable and provides model size and scale (unfortunately for some reason I cannot see any of the linked photos...). However I am not seeing anything listed there for the Shenzhou and the Discovery either. The most recent "new" trek items have been the Franklin and the Altamid swarm ship models.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
TonyG2
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by TonyG2 »

Definitely a cheaper option that getting it on Ebay. The sharks are charging an arm and a leg for the Aventine in particular.

I have heard some horror stories about ordering direct from Eaglemoss though. Delays in sending, forgotten orders, damaged due to poor packing (although I also hear they are pretty much a no quibble replacement policy).
TrekMD
Head of Starfleet Medical

Post by TrekMD »

I have the Titan that I ordered at the US store. I guess I'll have to get the Aventine from the UK store because I'm not paying EBay prices for it!
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...
TrekMD

Post by TrekMD »

Well, every time I tried to order the Aventine from the UK site, I was taken to the US site. I had to sign up to be notified when it is available. Apparently in 4 days.
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...
TonyG2
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by TonyG2 »

I'm guessing that Eaglemoss release issues earlier in the UK than the US as my Aventine arrived (via Ebay) a week or so ago.

My experience is that if you are looking to buy via ebay it is worth waiting until after the initial release. Pricing seems to go through 4 stages.

1. Initial release - decent vendors selling at maybe £5.00 over standard price
2. Shortly after initial release - major escalation in price to well above £25.00
3. Months after initial release and model becoming hard to find - massive hike in prices to approaching £50.00
4. Interest has died down - prices slump to something manageable....

For example I missed out on the initial release of both the Mission Scout and the Aerowing shuttle. I got one of each but the price was over £20.00 each.

The other day I got another example of each both being less than £10.00 Granted without the magazine but that wasn't a problem for me.

Patience can pay off but some models never seem to drop back into a reasonable level (or if they do they are quickly snapped up).

Return to “Misc”