Brand New News from Round2

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Brand New News from Round2

Post by Griffworks »

For those who've not seen this yet. It was posted today at 2:55pm.

https://www.collectormodel.com/round2-mo ... fX21F.dpbs
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by el gato »

I wish it would've included news about a new Cadet set. For Klingon fans, the re-release of the Vor'cha is welcomed news
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by SKO »

I still don't know where the 1:750 scale designation for the Galor comes from. The original design length was 481 meters, same as the Vor'cha and the two kits are nearly identical length. It was scaled down to 372 m for some effects shots in DS9 but a 750 scale of a 372 meter ship would be 19 inches long.

Long story short I'm displaying that sucker w my 1/1400 fleet and I'm not changing my mind
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Exactly. Well, sorta.

It's pretty close to 1/1000 scale at roughly 15.5"-is, using the 372m length. It should scale out to around 17"-ish. So, the one I recently purchased gets added to my 1k collection. And I'll purchase a second at some point, along with the Keldon-class conversion kit from FedMods.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by SKO »

Griffworks wrote:Exactly. Well, sorta.

It's pretty close to 1/1000 scale at roughly 15.5"-is, using the 372m length. It should scale out to around 17"-ish. So, the one I recently purchased gets added to my 1k collection. And I'll purchase a second at some point, along with the Keldon-class conversion kit from FedMods.
It's my favorite game, Choose Your Own Scale!

But really it appears the DS9 licensing department used the same attention to detail as the DS9 VFX guys, who gave us a Defiant anywhere from 50 to 200 M, not to mention the ever-changing size of the station itself.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

SKO wrote:But really it appears the DS9 licensing department used the same attention to detail as the DS9 VFX guys, who gave us a Defiant anywhere from 50 to 200 M, not to mention the ever-changing size of the station itself.
Shhhhh! Not so loud! The size of the Defiant is a sensitive topic 'round here... :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

el gato wrote:
SKO wrote:But really it appears the DS9 licensing department used the same attention to detail as the DS9 VFX guys, who gave us a Defiant anywhere from 50 to 200 M, not to mention the ever-changing size of the station itself.
Shhhhh! Not so loud! The size of the Defiant is a sensitive topic 'round here... :lol:
WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER WITH THEIR DEFIANT BLASPHEMY!!!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

My Flickr Albums
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

RogueWolf wrote:
el gato wrote:
Told ya! :lol:
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by SKO »

el gato wrote:
RogueWolf wrote:
el gato wrote:
Told ya! :lol:
Hey I love the Defiant. I just don't know why it was so hard for the DS9 VFX crew to nail down something as simple as how big it and the station were.

Return to “Misc”