Axanar Indiegogo Campaign

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
The Eye of Error
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Axanar Indiegogo Campaign

Postby The Eye of Error » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:54 pm

The 3rd and final Star trek Axanar Indiegogo campaign is going strong! They have bought a studio (for this movie and the upcoming sequels) are hard at work building sets, designing props, makeup, etc. This last campaign is basically so they can pay the actors SAG minimum wages and pay all the workers union min wages to finish construction and pay for the special effects. They filmed the first scene and it's glorious...I can't wait to see more!

Here's the first scene, jump to the 1:05 mark for the good stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K723TV7GZFQ

Please keep Trek in the prime timeline, support today:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-axanar/x/11410470#/story

kobayashimaru
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Axanar Indiegogo Campaign

Postby kobayashimaru » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:30 pm

:thumbsup:
We will be sure to spread the word for Axanar -
it is pure awesome! :beamup:

Let the fans and those in the know show holly-would-bes how Trek's done!

TrekMD
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby TrekMD » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Yep, already supported and this does looks awesome!
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:43 am

Supported a bit already, but after the next first...a bit more.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

The Eye of Error
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby The Eye of Error » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Yeah I can't wait to see what they film up next. I mean it looks just as good as enterprise quality wise, and the storytelling seems solid so far. I'm certainly excited!

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:11 pm

GEDC0797.JPG

Just got my Kickstarter mailings a few days ago. The Prelude to Axanar DVD, A soundtrack CD, and a U.S.S. Ares Patch.
The wife and I sat down to watch it, and we're both salivating over the upcoming movie. Result- she DEFINITELY wants me to continue contributing to the funding of this.
Richard Hatch (Apollo of the original BSG) as Commander Kharn- excellent performance.
But then - they all do.
Tony Todd as Admiral Ramirez- is inspiring reminds me of an excellent First Sergeant I worked under.
J.G. Hertzler as Admiral Travis- reminds me of a 'down to brass tacks' commander.
Kate Vernon as Captain Alexander- reminds me of a rough and ready Captain who was an excellent commanding officer.

And I have to pull back an earlier commentary concerning the comparison of the 'early' Federation starships- (they look just like the JJ-verse versions), upon due consideration, they still look like them, but I find myself liking them anyways.
When you get down to it- we don't have much in the way of canon ships between the NX or Daedalus era to the Kelvin era.
And the Ares? A ship of war. It did what was necessary. But the Federation didn't stay on a wartime footing. They went back to exploration ships when it was necessary.

Yowza.

I'm gonna have to rethink my previous opinions of other Fan-Treks. First off- Renegades.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:14 am

Those look like cool little items in your package. Congrats Moon!
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

TrekMD
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby TrekMD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:15 am

I got my package as well. I've already burned the CD so I can listen to it through Play Music. :) They did a great job with all of these.
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:24 pm

TrekMD wrote:I got my package as well. I've already burned the CD so I can listen to it through Play Music. :) They did a great job with all of these.

Agreed! I've still got to add them to my iPod playlist.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “General Trek”