FAQ

The place for forum help, reporting bugs and other issues relating to AST.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

FAQ

Post by Xen »

IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE AND CAN'T LOG IN PLEASE EMAIL

Code: Select all

allscaletrek@gmail.com
Registering

Q: Help! I can't register because: a) the spam bot countermeasures won't let me b) I get an error or c) something else is preventing me from doing so. How can I fix this?
A: Please contact us via email at the following address.

allscaletrek@gmail.com
Explain what happened and we will do our best to help you. Also make sure you add "AllScaleTrek Help" in the title. Do not include attachments.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posting

Q: I just joined, but my posts need to be "approved". Why is that?
A: When you successfully register an account you are automatically placed in the "Newly Registered Users" group. This group has certain restrictions placed upon it in an attempt to curtail spam bots and human spammers. As soon as you have 5 posts submitted and approved you will be able to post freely. We will also be monitoring the activity of people within this group and provided you are a legit "fan" and not a spammer, you may end up being moved to the unrestricted "Registered users" group before then.

Q: How do I embed a You Tube video? The embed link doesn't work!
A: To avoid malicious XSS attacks the forum has to use "BBCode" in order to perform this function safely. In order to embed a YT video get the embed url and paste the video ID string (the characters after the "/"). For example, if the full url is "" you'd add slwrnYdXl1A, then place it within the BBCode You Tube tags, like so

[youtube]slwrnYdXl1A[/youtube]
Q: How do I embed a pic?
A: Click on the URL button twice. Then click the IMG button twice, so you end up with the following:

[url][img][/img][/url]
Then add =https://domainname after "L" in the first "url" tag. Insert the same url between the IMG tags (minus the "="), like so:

[url=https://domainname][img]https://domainname[/img][/url]
Q: How do I add text links?
a: There are a number of ways you can do this. Click on the "Link" button. Add the URL a comma and finally the text you wish to replace the direct URL with. Make sure you add this between the tags, like so

[Link]www.google.com,Google[/Link]
Alternatively, you can add a text link by typing the following (replacing the sections shown in the example with the correct URL and text link

[url=www.google.com][url]Google[/url]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Private Messaging

Q: I just registered. Why can't I PM other people?
A: When you registered you were placed in the "Newly Registered Users" group. This group has certain restrictions placed upon it in an attempt to curtail spam bots and human spammers. As soon as you have 5 posts submitted and approved you will gain full access to the PM system. However, we check new member registrations often and if we find that you aren't an evil spammer or spam bot, you'll be moved to the "Registered Users" group and will be notified.

Changing User Settings

Q: Can I make the font bigger?
A: Yes, you can. At the top right of the forum board (just below the banner image) you should see a little "A" graphic with up and down arrows. Simply click on that to adjust the font size.

Q: How do I change my password?
A: At the top left (just below the banner image) you should see a link for the User Control Panel. Click on that and then the Profile tab at the top. Lastly, on the left menu click on Edit account settings.

Q: Can I change the forum style?
A: Yes, you can. Currently, we only use two styles. Prosilver and Prosilver Special Edition (which is the default). Prosilver is wider. To change the forum style navigate to User Control Panel > Board preferences tab > Edit global settings (left menu), then in the main window change My board style.

Return to “Help & Contact”