Can't keep logged

The place for new forum requests, suggestions, bug reports and other issues relating to AST.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Can't keep logged

Postby NCC1966 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:24 pm

I am using Windows 64 and Chrome vs 53.x and normally I don't have any issue with my accounts. For some reason I have no idea since about 20 days ago I can't keep logged on AST anymore. Anytime I get on AST site I have to log in. Even after a couple hours of inactivity when I get back I have to re-log. This is the only site among several stores, forums, etc, that it happens. I know that it is not anything with my AST account because it only happens on my computer (in mobile I keep logged indefinitely).

It seems to me that is relates to Windows Chrome and AST cookies. Anyone else has experienced it also?

:?

EDIT: This is not a BIG deal since everything I have to do is to click onto the "log in" and then strike enter. It is just that it doesn't make too much sense. Also if I can save a couple of unnecessary clicks I would like to!

:lol:
Thanks,

Yan.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: Can't keep logged

Postby Moongrim » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:36 pm

NCC1966 wrote:I am using Windows 64 and Chrome vs 53.x and normally I don't have any issue with my accounts. For some reason I have no idea since about 20 days ago I can't keep logged on AST anymore. Anytime I get on AST site I have to log in. Even after a couple hours of inactivity when I get back I have to re-log. This is the only site among several stores, forums, etc, that it happens. I know that it is not anything with my AST account because it only happens on my computer (in mobile I keep logged indefinitely).

It seems to me that is relates to Windows Chrome and AST cookies. Anyone else has experienced it also?

EDIT: This is not a BIG deal since everything I have to do is to click onto the "log in" and then strike enter. It is just that it doesn't make too much sense. Also if I can save a couple of unnecessary clicks I would like to!

Yes. same here.
Computer took an extraordinarily long time to boot today.
Nothing "new" under the Quick LInks, yet in Board Index, it's several high lights available for new entries.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby NCC1966 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:35 pm

I am relief that it didn't happen only to me. Several months ago I had a similar issue with another forum that just "fixed itself" out of the blue.

:o
Thanks,

Yan.

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby NCC1966 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Today (to be more precise a couple minutes ago) for the first time my mobile also lost the connection with the AST and I had to login again...

Thanks,

Yan.

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:47 am

check to see if you have a program deleting "cookies" - or one sniffing for passwords in the "cookies"

ok, bad pun time....

might have a "cookie monster"

If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby NCC1966 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:34 am

Will check... there is some time now that I don't run anti spyware...

Thanks,

Yan.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:28 pm

MEATLOAFr wrote:ok, bad pun time....

might have a "cookie monster"

RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:13 pm

The choices one has to face in life:

There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby NCC1966 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:10 pm

Now it's happening regularly either with my PC as well with my mobile. After a couple hours of inactivity whenever I refresh the page (that I keep opened) it shows me unlogged. As mentioned not a big deal but it's puzzling that only the AST cookies are expiring so fast in my case... Really, I won't delete ALL of my cookies in an attempt to heal this... first I don't believe that it will fix the issue, second I am not in a mood of enter all of my passwords again...

:P
Thanks,

Yan.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:23 pm

And I just got a notification of a Private Message here at AST. But when I got to the message section- it's not there.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “Support & Feedback”