MVM Authentication?

The place for new forum requests, suggestions, bug reports and other issues relating to AST.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

MVM Authentication?

Postby el gato » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Could be me, but I'm being asked to enter a user name and password for MVM's website. Anyone else getting this pop up?

mvm.jpg
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

kobayashimaru
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: MVM Authentication?

Postby kobayashimaru » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:49 pm

that is a little odd, and thanks for sharing El Gato.
every piece of the puzzle helps, and the more we collate and know,
the more chance we have of seeing the bigger picture or a higher-resolution picture of whats there.

I've experienced pop-ups when trying to connect to MVM's awesome model shop in the past,
usually around end of month/domain name re-upping time etc, (gotta love them domain squatters bots)
and it's usually been third party stuff.
It depends on where and how I try to connect to MVM's domain.
If MVM wanted your own password and credentials, MVM'd send you an email or something via the proper process.
MVM's not the sort that would require folks to pre-send user credentials, MVM has never required that to my awareness.
though I've a suspicion that this pop-up might be more to do with
how browsers handle web-certificates and all.

I'll send you a PM with the longer version, El Gato.

I look forward to hearing more about this,
and if other folks have also experienced DNS-like phishing/data-mining denial of service,
and what they think the causes of that might be. :borg:

EDIT: I might further ask a similar question at T.W.i.T. (this week in tech boards with leo laporte)
Last edited by kobayashimaru on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

RogueWolf
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Postby RogueWolf » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:39 am

I was just on the site and had no issues.
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:36 am

For me, this dialog box went away about an hour after I posted this
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Postby Del » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:48 am

el gato wrote:For me, this dialog box went away about an hour after I posted this

It happened for me at the same time, so I contacted the provider. After an online chat and I'm presuming some scratching of heads on the other end, I was told that a trouble ticket was opened and to wait 24 - 48 hours for tech support to correct the problem. At least they got it fixed fairly fast. The strange part was like you, the authentication followed me to every web page I went to, until I closed the browser and restarted it. :confused:

I've been experiencing problems lately, so I'll be keeping a watch on it. They've provided good service for the past 4 years, so I don't want to dump them just yet. Might be a server migration, software updating, pigeons nesting in the server rack, who knows.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Postby mophius » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 am

I did have trouble just getting on to the site once. Woulf not load the home page, it would be alright if i went into a sub page though like /northtrek.
Only experienced this on one day and it may have been the day they took the site down to do the maintenance.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

dJiPi
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby dJiPi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:52 pm

I know, I know:
some Tribbles ate everything in the MVM store believing the creamy stuff was corn.
Now Del has to re-cast everything including ex-Ravenstar kits :mrgreen:
Ok, ok I :arrow:
dJiPi the froggy

Return to “Support & Feedback”