Help AST by restoring your old threads

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Re: Help AST by restoring your old threads

Postby trekriffic » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:37 pm

Fixed the images in my 1/650 scale Klingon D7, 1/350 (?) scale TOS Romulan Bird-of-Prey, and 1/537 (?) scale Klingon K't'inga threads and added the links to my General Member Gallery threads. Just click on the Topic (in blue) to go to the updated thread. I got the idea from Kremin who added the links to his Gallery topics.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Kremin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:07 am

I've fixed several build threads and linked them to the gallery page I might go back and do the rest when I have time

Some were showing pictures from PB but I don't know if that was just because I had recently logged into PB to download some of the pics so if there are any that you can't see let me know

trekriffic wrote:I got the idea from Kremin who added the links to his Gallery topics.

:D
So what is with the GID thing ???

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Postby mophius » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 am

GID is the part number if you like so that you can discuss the builds in another thread.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Postby Steam235 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:36 am

I have fixed the broken links in this thread>>>>

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1874

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Postby Xen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:31 am

did you manage the completed 'done' ones on page 8? it's stil showing the photobucket images for me [direct link to post on page 8];

http://www.allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1874&start=70#p23781

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Postby Steam235 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Xen wrote:did you manage the completed 'done' ones on page 8? it's stil showing the photobucket images for me [direct link to post on page 8];

http://www.allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1874&start=70#p23781

Now it should be fixed

I have also restored this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2108

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Postby Xen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 am

looking good steam! i cleaned up the broken quoted pb links from other members.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Postby mophius » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Hello all, I thought that I would let you all know that I have been working on updating the pictures due to the PB money grabbing scandal.
I have started in the 1/2500 scale thread at the very oldest and working my way forwards. So far I have only done 3 and a half pages out of 35.
I am only updating the pictures if I can find them. Sometimes the PB link still works so I will download the photo and re-post this in the thread. Sometimes there is a web-address link to go to and I will do the same, download and re-paste.

Most of the time the PB link is dead and i get the standard '3rd party' message or the weblink is long gone. In these cases I have left the thread as is. Maybe I will go back through and notify the OP who can either ignore it or repost the lovely eye-candy.
It has given me a chance to see some great builds and building techniques but also I can also see that there is a lot that has gone through Cygnus X-1.

If you feel the urge to go through some of yohr older posts and find that the links are broken, maybe you could edit the threads with the appropriate pics.

I will keep going through the SS threads and then move on to the next section.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Postby trekriffic » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Tiresome work but I updated about 6 threads when I started setting up my Teaser Galleries. Wanted to provide a link to the model's original thread on AST but when I found the old posts I found they had defunct PB image links. Some were so old they were not even in Flickr! or on my hard drive. The WIP pics of the Leif Ericson were only to be found on PB! Yikes!
Luckily, I was able to log on to to Photobucket and copy and paste the Leif photos from the album there onto my hard-drive, of course, the download function did not work for me. Anyway, I was able to retrieve about 80 photos off of PB if you can believe it. After awhile though, they get smart, and block you out but all you do is log out and log back in again. Screw those guys!
Anyway, thanks go to Xen for establishing conditions whereby I would be interested enough to search for my old threads and want to restore them to their former glory.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Postby Xen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:52 pm

thanks for the hard work guys! i feel certain the eye candy is always appreciated. especially by the lurkers. much love to our contributors, lurkers and community in general! :vulcan:

Return to “Important”