How you can help AST by donating

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

How you can help AST by donating

Post by Xen » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:21 pm

All Scale Trek is a non-profit website. However, it still costs money to maintain and develop. To date, I have been happy to cover the costs, and will continue to do so. That is as far as I'm willing to go though, as I can't justify spending more on expansion costs. Not solely out of my pocket. Any donations sent will go towards the day to day running costs, in addition to the development of the site.

Please note, this is something new, to test the water and gauge the reaction. If I find that the donation scheme alienates members, I will take it down. Each and every member supports this site, by visiting and/or participating. You are ALL valued. Those that wish to donate would simply offer a little additional support.

Those who wish to donate (bottom of the page) have a choice to either remain anonymous, or receive a few perks, as a thank you for their monetary contribution. Below are the three tiers.

Option 1: $1.00-$9.99 Donation
Any color name*

Option 2: $10.00-$24.99 Donation
Any one (or all) of the following:
Any color name*
Special Rank

Option 3: $25.00+ Donation
Any one (or all) of the following:
Any color name*
Custom Rank** Max dimensions: 119px × 18px)
Custom Rank Title***

*Any color can be selected, with the exception of Admin (purple, yellow or orange) or Mod (black) colors (or shades of that color)

**Custom rank images must be GIF file type, on a transparent background. Not animated. Rank must not include any form of advertizing, or be misleading, such as including "admin" or "mod" in the title, or looking like an Admin or Mod rank. Rank styles must be Trek themed (canon or non-canon) and can include any era or race.

***Custom rank title must be provided and adhere to rule 1 of the forum rules. Rank must not include any form of advertizing, or be misleading. Such as including "admin" or "mod" in the title.

If you have donated and wish to receive some of the perks, please contact me via the Paypal e-mail with your requests.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: How you can help AST by donating

Post by Moongrim » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Option 3- done.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:08 pm

Xen,
Will this be on going? Once a year? I dont have an issue donateing but it will be a couple months to sort some things out on my end.

Curt

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 pm

The donation idea is a work in progress, so expect "tweaks". It will be ongoing, but there is no "campaign" planned, or expectations for members to donate. Those that do, will have their perks for life (unless they wish to remain anonymous).

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Done too.

This is a great forum, and Xen you're doing a great job administrating it and keeping things running...

I don't mind donate a little to help the website up and more importantly, ad-free ! :D

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Moongrim wrote:Option 3- done.
Many thanks Moongrim! Let me know what perks (if any) you want.

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Done!! Best trek modeling forum deserves support. I love the inline images and modern features! Love the longevity of threads.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:38 pm

Julien wrote:Done too.

This is a great forum, and Xen you're doing a great job administrating it and keeping things running...

I don't mind donate a little to help the website up and more importantly, ad-free ! :D
Many thanks for the donation Julien! I also really appreciate the kind words. Let me know if you want any of the perks.

You will never see ads on this site, while under my ownership. I thought I'd make that clear, just in case folks were thinking it was either donations or ads. ;)

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Steam235 wrote:Done!! Best trek modeling forum deserves support. I love the inline images and modern features! Love the longevity of threads.
Thank you for the donation and kind words Steam! Monetary donations helps the site. Praise and words of encouragement helps the Xen. :innocent: By the way, I like the new look. ;)

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Custom Rank- Rear Admiral Lower Half, purchased commission. Shiny Gold letters?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “Important”