AST to preview ALL Round 2 Star Trek products

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: AST to preview ALL Round 2 Star Trek products

Post by el gato » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:46 am

Tesral wrote:Yay. I'll show enthusiasm when have some. Existed, really am.

:rockout: :stonerbanana: :angelbanana: :dancingbanana: :dreadsbanana: :blondebanana: :ninjabanana: :tuxbanana: :guitarbanana: :rockbanana:

Enthusiasm shown.
Um, what he said
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Abram
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by Abram » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:37 am

Awesome news! So where's the list to sign up to do the review and build up? :P ;) :angelbanana:

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:04 am

Round 2 products for spring/summer 2015 have been successfully previewed, so I'll mark them as complete. AST might miss a few slated for fall/winter due to the "changing of the guard" (more on that later), but we'll see.

Unfortunately, Kratok can no longer treat us with further reviewing goodness as work is keeping him busy. I'd like to take the opportunity to publicly thank Kratok for all his hard work on each preview and hope he makes his way back to AST (as a regular contributor) soon.

After a quick chat (because I'm not around that much these days) Moongrim has agreed to take over as lead previewer. I can't speak for other folks, but I've always enjoyed his build threads and believe he has the right "tools" for the job.

I have other members in mind that would also be a good fit for the role, but with my health issues, time flying by (and trying to make sure it works for R2), it's been a bit of a mad scramble.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Xen wrote:Round 2 products for spring/summer 2015 have been successfully previewed, so I'll mark them as complete. AST might miss a few slated for fall/winter due to the "changing of the guard" (more on that later), but we'll see.

Unfortunately, Kratok can no longer treat us with further reviewing goodness as work is keeping him busy. I'd like to take the opportunity to publicly thank Kratok for all his hard work on each preview and hope he makes his way back to AST (as a regular contributor) soon.

After a quick chat (because I'm not around that much these days) Moongrim has agreed to take over as lead previewer. I can't speak for other folks, but I've always enjoyed his build threads and believe he has the right "tools" for the job.

I have other members in mind that would also be a good fit for the role, but with my health issues, time flying by (and trying to make sure it works for R2), it's been a bit of a mad scramble.
All that being said. I aspire to humility. I hope I can live up to the level of quality that Kratok established.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:18 pm

I've seen your build albums, Moongrim. You'll do well with these previews. I'm looking forward to the Excelsior one you'll inevitably be making.

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:03 pm

DefiantClient wrote:I've seen your build albums, Moongrim. You'll do well with these previews. I'm looking forward to the Excelsior one you'll inevitably be making.
Oh that's right. That's supposed to be coming out...I guess I better not modify it into a Raging Queen then...
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

pengbuzz
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by pengbuzz » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Any news on any more stuff from R2?

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:48 pm

The majority of R2's Trek products for 2016 are "classified", which means I can't do my usual list of upcoming products beyond the next 2-3 kits. I think most folks know what they are, but for the record: 50th Anniversary 18" Enterprise, Klingon Bird of Prey and Excelsior.

I will reveal more, as of when I have the information / am allowed to share with the masses.

Expect...the unexpected next year. :)

pengbuzz
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by pengbuzz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:24 am

Sounds like fun. :)

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:39 am