FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
User avatar
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:19 am

FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by Xen » Sun May 20, 2018 6:29 pm

The following page at Facebook is not an official AST authorized page: https://www.facebook.com/AllScaleTrek. I would like to know who the admins are at this FB page, who the current head admin is.

The official email from AST (allscaletrek at gmail dot com) has been blocked by the page. So, I have my suspicions that I am not welcome, and perhaps AST as well.

There is currently no live, authorized FB page for AST. Facebook has been contacted about this.

I would ask you to spread the word that this is not a part of AllScaleTrek.

Thank you.

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by el gato » Sun May 20, 2018 11:17 pm

As I tried explaining to you, the admins to that site are mophius, MEATLOAFr, RogueWolf and me. There is no "head admin," although mophius has borne the brunt of the duties as he's the one who made various links back to this site
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: MOVING TO TEXAS

Re: FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by MEATLOAFr » Mon May 21, 2018 12:29 am

the official email isn't blocked - can only add Facebook users as admins
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by el gato » Mon May 21, 2018 12:51 am

Yes, that's how Facebook works. You need an Fb profile to be given access to view the page. You can't be an admin unless you have an Fb profile
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:19 am

Re: FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by Xen » Mon May 21, 2018 1:49 pm

i can only chip away at things like this for so long each day, if that. if my responses are slow, that is why. i'm going to get to the bottom of this.

1) i have multiple fb accounts. if they are email verified surely they must be registered. i provided loafr with allscaletrek at gmail dot com, which he said could not be added. so i gave him an email no-one knows and that went through. flag #1.

2) i was told admins were added and then one account removed. i don't understand enough about fb to know how it works, but both the ten-12 forums and ast both have a 'founder' / #1 that cannot be overridden. i suspect that to be the case with fb. flag #2

3) nobody told me this was in full operation until a week ago because they felt it was right for me to know. i thank them for that. while this fb page has prospered with 50 members, posts and replies have gone down to zero, unless i do a forum-wide pm.flag #3.

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by el gato » Mon May 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Xen wrote:i can only chip away at things like this for so long each day, if that. if my responses are slow, that is why. i'm going to get to the bottom of this.

1) i have multiple fb accounts. if they are email verified surely they must be registered. i provided loafr with allscaletrek at gmail dot com, which he said could not be added. so i gave him an email no-one knows and that went through. flag #1.

2) i was told admins were added and then one account removed. i don't understand enough about fb to know how it works, but both the ten-12 forums and ast both have a 'founder' / #1 that cannot be overridden. i suspect that to be the case with fb. flag #2

3) nobody told me this was in full operation until a week ago because they felt it was right for me to know. i thank them for that. while this fb page has prospered with 50 members, posts and replies have gone down to zero, unless i do a forum-wide pm.flag #3.
Email sent to the official AST email address with everything you need to put your flags down. Read it or not, your choice
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:19 am

Re: FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by Xen » Mon May 21, 2018 7:05 pm

i choose to speak in public and let them decide.

i have read the email to allscaletrek at gmail dot com. it doesn't cover why a fb page was made live against my wishes. i have said no, no, no, no from the start, with the exception of testing fb features.

the main reason why i am upset is because all i asked for was that roguewolf test the fb functions earlier this year. then i asked mopius to take over testing fb functions.

griffworks got involved, adding admins, setting up a site, removing himself as admin. the page was continued live with admins. he knew i didn't want a site because he quit ast over it.

i knew about the testing. i wanted feedback from that. i did not ask for the rest and for a live site to be set up.

it took mophius to tell me the truth last week. he and i talk regularly via phone. i consider him a friend.

why did the rest of my friends keep me in the dark???

why did you go ahead and run an unofficial ast fb page without my knowledge/consent when i made no attempt to start one myself???

i asked two admins to test fb for me. that's it. no more, no less.

if this was no big deal, why not tell me???

why did mophius feel so torn about telling me if all was okay???

do you not see why i feel let down by some friends??? i feel like i am a laughing stock. the last guy to know.

User avatar
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am
Location: Boundaries of Imagination

Re: FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by Griffworks » Mon May 21, 2018 11:03 pm

Well, since my name has very publicly been drawn into this and you seem determined to ignore and denigrate the good will that others were attempting to do for AST, I’ll give a brief - as I can - synopsis of my part in events, as well as a reply to your points “Xen”.

First, I literally did what I thought would best help AST. I would never do anything to hurt it. And nothing that I did hurt AST - just “Xen’s” pride.

Second, I stopped participating at AST because my input was ignored by you, except for the one time where I felt you were taking a shot at me - and now I feel was probably indeed the case! I’ve offered help, complied with your request to “fix” old threads that had links to Photobucket by uploading pics directly to AST and posted in your thread that I complied with the request. My offers of help were directly ignored, my post about complying was given the cold shoulder, tho you went out of your way to thank others.

I inquired of a few folks what was up? They had no clue. Then I remembered back to the old 2500 Scale Forums days, as well as back in late Summer of 2013....

You didn’t like how several of us there took Chris Proctor (of Odyssey Slipways) to task for always getting others to do his research for him, as well as his not providing decals for models, and telling us that his already fairly premium prices on kits would go up even more if he had to provide decals for those kits, even tho many other GKMers had similarly sized kits for much lower prices. That whole thing is why Eric “lakespeed” Lakie started up The Delta Quadrant - to offer kits with extensive decals for non-premium, lower prices the OS kits.

Then in late 2013, lakespeed and I left after “steelfox” blew up on lakespeed and I in a thread, cursing at both of us. You were quick to take us to task for our comments, but fully ignore the post by “steelfox” - which was in violation of the very few rules here. To whit - you were playing favorites. That spoke volumes to us about any agenda and bias that you had.

So, Eric and I chose to leave AST.

March or April of 2017, I had gotten back into Trek modeling after a several years of focusing solely on BSG. Several of my friends suggested I give AST another shot and reminded me that with only three notable exceptions, I had very positive and great interactions with other folks here and had enjoyed my time.

So, I came back. I followed the rules as they’re posted and did everything I could to be a positive member, to help AST grow. I was more than willing to let the past go and move forward in a positive fashion. I created a number of new build threads, shared tips & tricks in those and other threads, commented positively on the works of others and just generally had fun. I love this hobby, and by extension AST.

So I was sort of perplexed when my comments to you were ignored, while you replied to similar comments from others. That got me to thinking and talking to several of my friends, asking for insight. Eventually it all became clear why you only replied directly to me the one time - and barely directly even then.

And that silence on your part then spoke volumes to me.

So, on 12 February, 2018, at 4:53pm CST, I sent you a PM, which said the following:
You win

Your passive-aggressive snubs speak volumes about your attitude towards me. Obviously, you hold some sort of grudge against me, which I’m guessing started back at The 2500 Scale Forums. And I also guess it was aggravated 4 1/2 years ago with the blowup over Proctor’s kits with “steelfox”, where you accused Eric and I of carrying over a grudge of our own, then let “steelfox” attack us - in direct violation of your own rules, and which you pointedly ignored. 

*********

1) Play nice. Do not post anything anti-racial, anti-religious, sexist, x-rated or other inflammatory content that could be taken the wrong way. If you think it might start "WW3" on here, then kindly hold your peace.

*********

I had let the water run under the bridge and forgave what I feel was a passive-agressive middle finger by you allowing “steelfox” to not only survive the direct, vitriol-filled attack he made on Eric and I, but to allow it to continue to exist. Again, what was a direct violation of your own rules and comments about stirring things up. 

I’ve been an active, positive posting member again for about eight months now. When I felt I mis-stepped and thought what I said in the funds request thread was out of line, I apologized. And I later offered direct help and advice with regards of how to further promote AST. I wanted to be a part of the community of AST, to give something back. 

Not any longer, however. 

So, you got what I think you wanted - I’m no longer going to participate at AST. 

I’ve already informed some friends of mine here whom I know in the Real World and I felt deserved to know. I have no intention of stirring anything up, making this a big deal at AST or anywhere else. I won’t go about whinging, I won’t delete pics or otherwise alter my threads. I’m just going to step away. 

You win. 
To which I received silence. Which again, speaks volumes.

So, I haven’t posted here since that 9 February, 2018. I pop in fairly regularly because many of the most active posters are folks whom I like to think of as friends of mine. I can’t get in contact with some other than thru here.

Plus, I just like reading and seeing the work folks put out.

Then on 22 April, I think it was, you put out a public plea for folks to help get AST more traffic, to grow AST. I considered PMing you the offer to again help grow AST via a FaceBook Page - which as I had previously mentioned, doesn’t function like the Groups do, in that it does not allowing people to post to the main page. It also allows the Admin to delete any and all posts they deem requires it. The idea was to post links to threads here - which I initially did with build threads by others (I specifically did NOT link to my threads), choosing one thread from each of the scale forums.

I didn’t send you a PM because I knew you’d never reply to it. I didn’t announce it anywhere for two reasons - 1) I knew that you’d immediately demand it be deleted because of my involvement; 2) I had hope that perhaps people who had been active, positive members, and prolific posters would be something that might make you feel good about keeping it; and 3) I didn’t do it to make myself look better in folks eyes - I didn’t want any credit. That’s not who I am.

But, no. You’ve created something you pay lip service to not wanting here on AST - Drama.

Just like how you pay lip service to wanting to grow AST, and how you say you want AST to fun and how you say you want people to be happy here. And I’m not talking about me, but several other people. Some of whom post a LOT here.

So, you are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy here. I averaged three or four posts a day, then stopped posting. Then you drove a dear friend of mine to all but stop posting here. And now you’ve caused at least two other good folks to choose to stop participating, too. All folks who would help with the content and post counts.

Interesting to note that at least three of the new members here that joined between 1 May and now are friends of mine I urged to give AST a shot, join up, and start posting. So, yeah insinuate that I did all this to harm you, when there are 5 new members this month, 3 of whom prolly wouldn’t have joined unless I asked them to consider.
Xen wrote:i choose to speak in public and let them decide.

i have read the email to allscaletrek at gmail dot com. it doesn't cover why a fb page was made live against my wishes. i have said no, no, no, no from the start, with the exception of testing fb features.
Where did you state this? Certainly not in the Social Media and AST thread. You never publicly addressed it again, nor replied to my posts on the subject.
the main reason why i am upset is because all i asked for was that roguewolf test the fb functions earlier this year. then i asked mopius to take over testing fb functions.

griffworks got involved, adding admins, setting up a site, removing himself as admin. the page was continued live with admins. he knew i didn't want a site because he quit ast over it.
No, I quit for the reasons above.
i knew about the testing. i wanted feedback from that. i did not ask for the rest and for a live site to be set up.

it took mophius to tell me the truth last week. he and i talk regularly via phone. i consider him a friend.

why did the rest of my friends keep me in the dark???
Just a guess, but because of how you’ve reacted by VERY PUBLICLY making this a spectacle?!? One that would very likely have been much better served being addressed via email and/or PM? Or direct voice comms...?
why did you go ahead and run an unofficial ast fb page without my knowledge/consent when i made no attempt to start one myself???

i asked two admins to test fb for me. that's it. no more, no less.

if this was no big deal, why not tell me???

why did mophius feel so torn about telling me if all was okay???
Again, because of how you’ve reacted...?
do you not see why i feel let down by some friends??? i feel like i am a laughing stock. the last guy to know.
Up to this point, I don’t think anyone has actually truly let you down, nor considered you a laughing stock.

Up to this point.

I can tell you that none of the four - nor myself, tho you won’t believe that - wanted to make you feel or look bad. Well, maybe me just a tiny bit where it being me that helped get that Page started. Yeah, I’m an A-hole like that.

You seem to talk about wanting to do great things with AST, then don’t. Sure, you moved to a new ISP, which was great. Tho I also suspect you kinda were forced to move by crappy service from the previous ISP. And I don’t at all blame you for that.

But you seem to freeze up more than doing anything. So, my thinking was to help out by creating a pretty simple, straight forward FB Page to help direct traffic here. I had hoped for better numbers of folks coming here to sign up and participate.

In closing, I honestly feel that you handled this extremely poorly, making much PUBLIC ado about something that assuredly did no harm to anything but your ego, it appears. And you’ve likely alienated several of your most loyal members in the doing.

And that is a real shame.

Also exceedingly foolish because it detracts from the posts you were wanting to increase. I certainly wasn’t trying to create Drama, starting back in February when I stopped participating and left all my threads intact.

That’s all on you.

It makes me sad and frustrated that you have treated my friends with such disrespect. I don’t care how you treat me, but it’s pretty contemptible to treat those you pay lip service to by calling them “friend”.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Would I do this again, knowing how you’ve blown it up into a huge Drama Balloon? No, tho ONLY because of how poorly you’ve treated your “friends”. Hell, you dropped all of your Admin down to Global Moderators.

And and now got rid of all of them as Mods! And only two of them were even knowledgeable about this horrible thing I did to help AST.

I wonder what kind of message that sends to not only those folks, but your other regular posters and Casual Lurkers...?
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

User avatar
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am
Location: Boundaries of Imagination

Re: FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by Griffworks » Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 pm

And that's it. Poke me with a fork 'cause I'm done.

You can Delete my account, which I'm quite surprised you didn't do before now. Tho it's likely because you didn't want your membership numbers to drop by even one person.

I now feel mostly nothing but revulsion for you and have a bad taste in my mouth where AST is concerned. If you Delete or Lock my account, please delete all of the threads that I started, too.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

User avatar
Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me
Posts: 3321
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: FAKE AST Page at Facebook

Post by Tesral » Tue May 22, 2018 3:22 am

EVERYONE! Take five, cool down and think. Xen you too.

We have a good thing here and we are on the verge of breaking that.

I see no malice, only misunderstanding. There has been too little communication. I don't even have a facebook account.

Please, just calm down, everyone.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Locked

Return to “Important”