Enterprise Phase Pistol

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Re: Enterprise Phase Pistol

Post by Del »

First, this thread has gone way off-topic, and I hate to see when things get heated, but the question of recasting always raises the temperature in the forum.

Lonewolf, your example is a good one because master patterns get sold from GKer to GKer. A true story is that I just recently bought the Ravenstar Baker-class pattern from Big Pat, who previously bought them from Ravenstar or somebody else. So you can see how things could get murky real quick.

On the topic of buying a mold. Purchasing a mold doesn't guarantee any privilage to sell the product. A recaster could make a mold of someone else's kit and say that the pattern "accidentally" got destroyed, but is willing to sell you a mold. At that point, the first one you sell would make you a recaster.

I have had the opportunity to purchase some molds, but turned them down because I just wasn't satisfied that I would be doing the moral thing, since I couldn't be sure who really made that mold. I never want to be the guy who unknowingly recasts someone else's hard work. Owning the original pattern guarantee's that I can sell the product. If you're about to bring up the topic of licensed vs unlicensed, that's a whole other story, and you're right, I don't have a license for anything. But I won't recast a fellow GKer's hard work.

Now, can we get back to the phase pistol? :)
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
Cullenszoo
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: Enterprise Phase Pistol

Post by Cullenszoo »

That's a good idea Del, and on that note:
I have been working my way through the Enterprise series again and I've decided some parts of the kit are right but others are off, color wise. I may have to do a new paint job.
Building hand painted dust collectors since 1977

Return to “General Trek”