Hot Wheels Enterprises (Refit, A and D) Scale 1:50

All figures, Ships and Accessories.
Laforge
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Hot Wheels Enterprises (Refit, A and D) Scale 1:50

Postby Laforge » Thu May 05, 2016 3:24 pm

I noticed that for the Refit and 1701-A (same mold I know) has misalignments with the Nacelles and the Saucer markings are either way off or the size was not correct and the Impulse Engines are off as well. Has anyone tried to paint, decal or make modifications to these toys? If so, how?

For the Enterprise-D, I wanted to add more detailing to it since it has some of the markings, but wanted to add the colors for the TV Series and Generations (I have a few).

Decaling: Has anyone tried doing that to these ships?

Much thanks.
Last edited by Laforge on Thu May 05, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Hot Wheels Enterprises (Refit, A and D) Scale 1:50

Postby DefiantClient » Thu May 05, 2016 3:38 pm

This is the one with the back end of the nacelle looking like they were separate parts of the nacelle, right? Those misalignments are the reason I didn't get the hot wheels version of the refit and -A, unfortunately. That and I think the nacelles sagged on the pylons on every version I've seen where it was sold. I have the Reliant, and though the nacelles weren't misaligned, I really hate that they were separate parts and the seam line is very obvious. I really dislike the Hot Wheels Reliant.

I actually have the Hot Wheels E-D with me right now. This is actually one of my favorite tiny Enterprise-D toys and love displaying it in my cubicle with my "Starship Shrine." I'm planning on eventually detail painting it, but I fear the mistakes I will make will ruin the toy and I really don't want to do a bottom to top repaint/decal. I've also noticed that asking for custom decals around here and other places can kind of be like yelling in an echo chamber. I assume you gotta be pretty chummy with some people here or others who actually run the garage companies themselves are far too busy to do the commission. /sigh

Last edited by DefiantClient on Thu May 05, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laforge

Postby Laforge » Thu May 05, 2016 3:40 pm

Yep, that Enterprise Refit.

There was no problem with the nacelles on the Enterprise-D. Just the Refit and A.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby DefiantClient » Thu May 05, 2016 3:44 pm

I reread your post and edited the dumb out of mine. Enjoy the pics of the Enterprise you already own. :lol:

Laforge

Postby Laforge » Thu May 05, 2016 3:52 pm

I learned that early on about the whole asking for decal thing. lol. Basically, I wanted to ask if anyone has attempted to put more detailing into these ships, by decaling or painting and how does it look now.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby DefiantClient » Thu May 05, 2016 3:57 pm

This is one of the more accurate and detailed versions of the toy and your post is seriously tempting me to throw more detail on it. Hell, it even has the windows on the saucer rim that all the AMT/Round 2 models never had.

Laforge

Postby Laforge » Fri May 06, 2016 6:34 pm

General question for everyone: What would be the scale of the Hot Wheels ships compared to the 1:2500 (Sacred Scale) Ships?

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby DefiantClient » Fri May 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Sorry for being the only one to reply to this thread, but I hope others follow suit. The Excelsior is just straight up 1/2500 scale. I've compared it to the 1/2500 Ertl/R2 Enterprise-B, and it's pretty much dead on.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Mon May 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Not having any of the Hot Wheels toys (except for the JJprise, which was a gift from someone), I can't comment on their size relative to 2500. DC had a thread on the B (or at least, I think I remembered seeing his comparison pics... maybe I imagined it :lol: ). That's really the only one I know.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Laforge

Postby Laforge » Mon May 09, 2016 6:22 pm

So I did a comparison over the weekend, and it looks like the refit is in scale with the 1:1600 TOS Enterprise from the Space Ship Set.

Return to “Action figures and Toy Ships”