DST/Art Asylum Figures

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
WIGFULLICON
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

DST/Art Asylum Figures

Post by WIGFULLICON »

Hi all,

Apologies if I’m posting this in the wrong place but I’ve only just registered an account.

I’m thinking about selling my DST figures, all of which are mint on card.

How much would I expect to get for my FC data, number 100 of 1701?

Cheers
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: DST/Art Asylum Figures

Post by Xen »

Greetings! :vulcan:

A hearty welcome to All Scale Trek.com!! We are fairly relaxed
here, so chances of incurring 'Mod/Admin wrath' are nominal. ;) :vulcan:

AST evolved fairly quickly into a model kit forum, so expect limited replies. We're somewhat in a state of 'transition'.

That said, I would love for you to stick around though, as we have a good group of all-round fans.

Feel free to replicate your post in our 'General Trek', 'Classifieds', and (if you feel like saying hi to the masses) the 'Introductions' sections. Like many forums out there, not everyone will catch your threads in one section, so multi-posting (allowed here) is one way to maximize results.

I only know about Playmates toys, so I couldn't offer you any specific information relevant to the items in questions.

May I suggest the following (while waiting for replies):

1) Sign up and post at https://www.TrekToy.com/forum.

It says it all in the name really. Whereas they cater to all manufacturers of Trek toys, it's the Diamond Select and Art Asylum that appear to get the most attention.

2) Do the same at https://www.StarShipModeler.net (the forum domain for their .com store). They have a Facebook group too.

They have been around for a good 12-15 years. Although, like AST, it is seems to be mainly model chat, you'll find a lot of Trek collectors frequent the forums as well.

I would recommend posting in the 'General Sci-Fi Modeling', 'The Marketplace' and 'Star Trek Modeling' sections.

AST, TT and SSM could very well answer your question and provide you with additional sites that specialize in toy collectibles.

3) Have a good look at what these items are going for today, at places such as eBay. I have found over the years that just because something is rare, and/or worthy of the estimated price, collecting is like fashion and will only sell well if it's the current trend.

Oh, and you may wish to Google "action figure forums" and see if any of the older ones are still around. Facebook Groups, if you're pro-FB.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help. Hopefully, there is something of worth in this blurb of mine. :)

Good luck! :vulcan:
WIGFULLICON
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Re: DST/Art Asylum Figures

Post by WIGFULLICON »

Brilliant. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I’ve never been able to get Trektoy to validate my membership so I’ve never been able to post anything.

Thanks again.

Return to “General Trek”