MODULAR MODELS- Defunct-not. Silent Running.

Manufacturers, retailers and general resources.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: MODULAR MODELS- Defunct-not. Silent Running.

Post by Moongrim »

Kremin wrote:He seems to be having a hissy fit on his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ModularModels/
THE TAIL DOES NOT WAG THE DOG!!!
If I ship your order and you then turn around and claim to PayPal that you didn't get it, YOU are the one causing problems, NOT ME.
"Totally missing the fact that for all intents and purposes he simply ignores any and all emails you send to him." Yesterday I made a small purchase from Federation models and I got not one but two emails concerning it. Including a purchase order #.

I'd be willing to wait, so long as I'm kept in the loop.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Moongrim wrote:
Kremin wrote:He seems to be having a hissy fit on his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ModularModels/
THE TAIL DOES NOT WAG THE DOG!!!
If I ship your order and you then turn around and claim to PayPal that you didn't get it, YOU are the one causing problems, NOT ME.
"Totally missing the fact that for all intents and purposes he simply ignores any and all emails you send to him." Yesterday I made a small purchase from Federation models and I got not one but two emails concerning it. Including a purchase order #.

I'd be willing to wait, so long as I'm kept in the loop.
Love the "updated terms"

Code: Select all

IN THE EVENT THAT ANY CUSTOMER CAUSES WHAT MODULAR MODELS DEEMS TO BE UNDUE PROBLEMS WHILE AN ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED, MODULAR MODELS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INVOICE THE CUSTOMER FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES INCURRED IN FILLING THE ORDER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MORE EXPENSIVE SHIPPING, PAYPAL FEES, MATERIALS OR TIME LOST.

CUSTOMER SHALL BE REQUIRED TO PAY ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES INVOICED BEFORE THE ORDER SHIPS.
i.e. - you raise a stink... I'll charge YOU more
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

So I guess this means I won't be purchasing from Modular Models. I was eyeing some 1/1000 parts from him but the wait time had me skeptical about purchasing any time soon. This fallout along with the lack consistent followup is the single most childish thing I've ever seen from a GKer. Good luck with that future business. The elitist attitude is strong with this one. :roll:
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I raise a stink over your crappy attitude- you'll charge me more?

I'll be thinking long and hard about spending my hard earned cash with such a negative customer service attitude in place.

I've found it amazing that folks will go to extremes to AVOID not acting crappy. It's bad enough that we're getting such into the Presidency.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

MEATLOAFr wrote:
Love the "updated terms"

Code: Select all

IN THE EVENT THAT ANY CUSTOMER CAUSES WHAT MODULAR MODELS DEEMS TO BE UNDUE PROBLEMS WHILE AN ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED, MODULAR MODELS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INVOICE THE CUSTOMER FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES INCURRED IN FILLING THE ORDER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MORE EXPENSIVE SHIPPING, PAYPAL FEES, MATERIALS OR TIME LOST.

CUSTOMER SHALL BE REQUIRED TO PAY ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES INVOICED BEFORE THE ORDER SHIPS.
i.e. - you raise a stink... I'll charge YOU more
Well I will not be ordering from him again and withdraw my recommendation.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Can a good product overcome bad customer service? My 8-ball says no.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

el gato wrote:Can a good product overcome bad customer service? My 8-ball says no.
IMO, He needs to do what TM/PNT did. Stop selling on their own through their website and only sell their product through a third party like Federation Models or Starship Modeler Store (or both?). Sure they may lose a little money by that party wanting their cut, but if they can't give good customer service, word of mouth will kill their small business.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

DefiantClient wrote:
el gato wrote:Can a good product overcome bad customer service? My 8-ball says no.
IMO, He needs to do what TM/PNT did. Stop selling on their own through their website and only sell their product through a third party like Federation Models or Starship Modeler Store (or both?). Sure they may lose a little money by that party wanting their cut, but if they can't give good customer service, word of mouth will kill their small business.
And the thing of it is- he's got good product. I'm liking the quality of the Balson class secondary hulls. I've not noticed a single bubble anywhere in the final product, the edges are clean, the only thing I've had to clean off are the inevitable sprue.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

That's exactly the question Moon. People who have MM products rave how well they're casted. But can a good product survive if you have legions of people complaining about the bad customer service and trustworthy third parties revoking their endorsements of the vendor? The old adage about people are more likely to complain about a company/product than they are to praise is still a force to be reckoned with.

Look at my situation with Odyssey Slipways. I have several of his kits and if asked I would've told you they were fine. I didn't go out of my way to say anything nice about the kits. But I am actively alerting others about how he's a bad vendor, warning others not to do business with him. He burned others and me with his Luna kit, where he gladly took our money and has yet to deliver the kit, despite private pleas, personal interventions by his friends and his own promise back in June 2016 that he was going to ship them.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

el gato wrote:That's exactly the question Moon. People who have MM products rave how well they're casted. But can a good product survive if you have legions of people complaining about the bad customer service and trustworthy third parties revoking their endorsements of the vendor? The old adage about people are more likely to complain about a company/product than they are to praise is still a force to be reckoned with.

Look at my situation with Odyssey Slipways. I have several of his kits and if asked I would've told you they were fine. I didn't go out of my way to say anything nice about the kits. But I am actively alerting others about how he's a bad vendor, warning others not to do business with him. He burned others and me with his Luna kit, where he gladly took our money and has yet to deliver the kit, despite private pleas, personal interventions by his friends and his own promise back in June 2016 that he was going to ship them.
A valid point.

The quality could be Stellar. But it's a moot point if you don't get the product.

I was just trying to mitigate my own experience- not come across as a total whiny.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “Links”