Base

Painting methods, display options and general tweaks.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Base

Post by mophius »

I am going to start putting my Cadet K't'inga together this week so I decided to order a fitting stand for it. I just need a bit of rod now.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VCSMH ... d=62602835
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Base

Post by Tesral »

I have a preference for clear acrylic. But my shelves are glass.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

At the moment mine are on a window sill but they will move onto a shelf when I can be bothered to put one up. I will paint this the official colours though.
I did buy some cheap clear bases from Element Games but they will only hold the smaller ships especially if I want to angle the display pose.
The ones I have listed I may well list with different sizes. Need to list Federation ones now though and put the prices down.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Very nice base!

:)

I have some curiosity about those models cut/rendered by 3D printers. At the SW website it always has a disclaimer text "Digital preview - not a photo" where the advertised part show up very smooth. I have seen some pictures of similar stuff in eBay where they show the actual product and it has very rough surfaces with several lines aside each other. How is the SW quality regarding to this? Are them this smooth closer to the digital preview or does it demand a lot of sanding to achieve something usable?
Thanks,

Yan.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

NCC1966 wrote:Very nice base!

:)

I have some curiosity about those models cut/rendered by 3D printers. At the SW website it always has a disclaimer text "Digital preview - not a photo" where the advertised part show up very smooth. I have seen some pictures of similar stuff in eBay where they show the actual product and it has very rough surfaces with several lines aside each other. How is the SW quality regarding to this? Are them this smooth closer to the digital preview or does it demand a lot of sanding to achieve something usable?
It depends on the material you get. For any sacred scale model I recommend nothing but FUD.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Cool, good to know!
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “Finishing”