TBG Roll Call (are you interested?) Updated: April 23rd

Theme: Anything goes! Discuss our inaugural contest here! If you wish to take part in this contest please read the rules and FAQ first. This contest is closed.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

TBG Roll Call (are you interested?) Updated: April 23rd

Post by Xen » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:50 am

If you're planning on taking part in the contest please give me a yodel here. Remember, you have until June 1st to PM me stating your interest (at which point I'll give you thread creation access for the Contest Entries section). Then an additional month build time! Those of you that wish to start early may do so. Alternatively, if you want to wait until the last minute (due to time restrictions or other commitments) that's fine too. Please note that no "advantage" will be gained regardless of when you start.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: TBG Roll Call (are you interested?)

Post by zookman » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:10 am

ill give it a shot ... i have a ship of my own design ive been wanting to scratch build for awhile now ... just not sure what scale to do it in lol since i wanna add shuttle and rec deck interior details to it... was thinking 1/350 but will have to see just how big its gonna turn out ... if i remember right the ship is just a bit longer than the refit so i may just go with 1/537 to keep things " simpler lol luckily there isnt alot of compound curves lol

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:00 pm

I sent you my entry last night.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

patrickivan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by patrickivan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm in for sure... I have a couple of ideas rattling around in my skull. :mrgreen:

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:16 pm

I'm definitely in.Just have to decide what ship to do. I was wondering about making my Sovereign class ship my entry but on second thought I think I have something more interesting.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:20 am

Moongrim: I just checked my e-mail and I got your entry. Many thanks! :)

Just remember folks, pics are important! One from the start of your build, one midway and four of the finished article. Each WIP thread will be like a mini blog. We're not asking you to provide "how to" guides though. Think of it as both creating something cool, while entertaining the masses.

DouglasGlenn
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by DouglasGlenn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:02 am

I am probably in if I can find someone who has a camera to take the pics and post them for me. Have a couple ideas for a build. Will set aside the projects I'm currently working on. Sounds like fun. :geek:

jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by jkb-1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:22 pm

I have a piece of plastic and some ideas I haven't done anything about, yet. I'll take a pic of the parts and send you an entry tonight.

AND I'll promise not to do any work on it before April 30. (That's the easy part!)

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 pm

You can work on your projects privately now if you wish. Alternatively, you can wait until the official build start time (May 1st), when the WIP threads are created and your build goes public.

hemble
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by hemble » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:03 am

I'm in just have to sought the scale I'm doing and I'll send the pics thru.

Ron

Return to “2013 AST "To Boldly Go" Model and Miniature Contest (Closed)”