Possible 350 Projects from Round 2

Work in progress, completed builds and general 1/350 related discussion.
Shaw
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: Possible 350 Projects from Round 2

Post by Shaw »

Moongrim wrote:How do I know?

I've got one.
You have a 39"x28" model? Of what? And how do you display it?
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

A K'tinga. Not the exact size as stated, but it's still in the box and in my queue for completion. I will be needing a few tools to properly drill it out to display it the way I'd prefer.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Shaw
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Shaw »

Moongrim wrote:A K'tinga. Not the exact size as stated...
Wait, you said...
Moongrim wrote:I could handle that.

How do I know?

I've got one.
If you have any of the existing 1/350 K'tinga model kits, it is based on the 214m length. So you don't actually got one.

This is why size matters, understanding the numbers for what they mean matters... Had Jamie understood, say, the metric system, he would have put together that 349m at 1/350 scale is about 1m long (or 39").

So, what does a 349m K'tinga at 1/350 look like? You don't think it matters, so you won't take the time to figure it out. But maybe other people reading this might want to get a feel for just how big this is. Here is a 349m K'tinga at 1/350 covered with rectangles at the size of a standard sheet of paper... and the 1/350 K'tinga model kit you have sitting in a box next to it to try to illustrate what people voted for (and yes, 349m is winning in that poll)...

I'm happy that people are voting for this size! I hope this goes on well into the stage where it is hard for Round 2 to reverse all this because this is great! It is like the part in Spinal Tap when they lowered the mini stonehenge (only this is the reverse of that).

So no, you don't got one, and when Round 2 wakes up to Jamie's mistake on this, no one is getting one. But it'll be fun watching him try to explain this to people once he gets it! :lol:
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I've got what was described a 1/350 K'tinga, despite your assertions to the contrary.

I will get back to you with a photo, later.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Shaw
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Shaw »

Moongrim wrote:... despite your assertions to the contrary.
Where? Please quote me doing that if you are going to accuse me of it!

I absolutely, 100% and without question believe you have a 1/350 K'tinga kit. There is no question in my mind about this.

What you do not have is a 1/350 K'tinga based on a 349m length... which is what you said you could handle.

Forget wasting time taking photos... do the math yourself and tell us what you come up with? There is no point in me attempting to show you the facts, you seem to refuse to address or even acknowledge their existence in my posts. Just do the math!
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh »

I'm personally, a bit disappointed that people haven't done the maths before voting. The size of a kit in 1/350 at 349 meters is a bit ridiculous for the average modeller. Not many people would purchase it because it would be VERY expensive, and frankly, almost impossible to find room to display it (hell, I know of a lot of people that won't even buy the TOS Enterprise or Refit kits because they are too big!).

I can't imagine in my wildest dreams that PL would go ahead with a kit that big, as it would be too big a financial risk. If you want to be greedy and try and push for an non viable model, that's ok, but it won't happen at that size, and voting for 349 meters is just as likely to shelve a 1/350 K'tinga kit from PL (at any presumed length).

We have coped with a 1/357 and 1/2500 scale kit from PL at 214 meters (also a few garage kits from various vendors, that are all based on 214 (or thereabouts) meters.....so why change our minds now :roll: :evil:

O.K, getting off my soap box now :imsorry:

Andy
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Shaw wrote:
Moongrim wrote:... despite your assertions to the contrary.
Where? Please quote me doing that if you are going to accuse me of it!

I absolutely, 100% and without question believe you have a 1/350 K'tinga kit. There is no question in my mind about this.

What you do not have is a 1/350 K'tinga based on a 349m length... which is what you said you could handle.

Forget wasting time taking photos... do the math yourself and tell us what you come up with? There is no point in me attempting to show you the facts, you seem to refuse to address or even acknowledge their existence in my posts. Just do the math!
You accuse me of not having one.

It appears that I do.
- J.L.Picard.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

And it also appears, that I was in error.

You are correct Shaw. My 350 K'tinga is indeed based upon the 249 meters you mentioned.

So.

I'm sorry.

I apologise for doubting you. And I also apologise for any inherent insults I tendered. :oops:
- J.L.Picard.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Man that K'tinga head looks awesome, so crisp, so detailed. I understand that is a very sought after kit.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I tendered an apology. What more do you desire?
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “1/350”