WANTED: Parts for AMT/ERTL Enterprise-A

Buy, Sell or Trade.
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

WANTED: Parts for AMT/ERTL Enterprise-A

Post by nova1972x » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:56 am

Hi all. I am not sure where exactly to post this, so I am posting here.

I have an AMT ERTL Star Trek IV Voyage Home USS Enterprise Model Kit 6693 (I think 1:537 scale), 22" model. I built it back in the mid 1980s as a teen. It currently is in a state of disrepair, is partially disassembled, and is also missing parts to it (front deflector dish, some windows in the saucer section, the backing to the impulse engine, and the stand because I hung it from a ceiling).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here would have spare parts I could purchase to rebuild my model. I know that it is probably "smarter" to simply buy a new kit, and start over, but since I have had this model so long and in storage, I am trying to salvage it.

Also, if no one has spare parts, then is there an aftermarket for parts?

Thank you!

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: WANTED: Parts for AMT/ERTL Enterprise-A

Post by DefiantClient » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:01 pm

I have a built saucer and maybe a secondary hull I will never use. I'll check when I'm home, but if someone else has everything you need that's not already glued, jump on that. I'll PM you if I find it all.

nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:35 pm

That would be awesome, and if no one else has the parts I need, I am interested! Thank you for offering that. How much would you like for them.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:40 am

Okay, no secondary hull but I found the saucer. This thing is in rough shape, I'm not going to charge you. The parts you want are intact, but may need some work to get the parts you need. PM me your mailing address and I'll just send it your way.
Last edited by DefiantClient on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:07 am

I am interested. I will take whatever help I can get in replacing my missing parts! :)

I PMed you earlier, and thank you very much. I appreciate it a lot!

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:29 pm

Got your PM, sorry for not responding. I'm going to try to get it out to you before the weekend.

nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:11 am

Thank you so much!

Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:28 am

I have a few of the smaller parts, I think. I'll dig through my spare parts later on.

EDIT: Nope. Looks like I lost a bunch of stuff in my last move. I only have the bridge dome and a pair of Bussard collectors. I used to have a sensor dome, deflector, shuttlebay doors, and more. Sorry.

nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:27 am

Hi Cubey. Thank you very much for looking. Seems I have someone volunteering to send some of those parts I was looking for already, and my warp nacelles are complete.

But if anyone happens to come across the deflector dish piece, or the stock stand, for the movie era 1:537 AMT/ERTL Enterprise-A, I am still looking for those two parts.

Otherwise, I am considering using a medicine bottle cap that happens to be close to the same diameter of the deflector dish piece. It will look kind of cheesy, but maybe better than a gaping hole in the secondary hull!

Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:36 pm

nova1972x wrote:But if anyone happens to come across the deflector dish piece, or the stock stand, for the movie era 1:537 AMT/ERTL Enterprise-A, I am still looking for those two parts.
Ick. The stock stand for those kits is UGLY. You'd be better off with a Polar Lights large dome base. Just my opinion.

Otherwise, I am considering using a medicine bottle cap that happens to be close to the same diameter of the deflector dish piece. It will look kind of cheesy, but maybe better than a gaping hole in the secondary hull!
If you can spare a little bit of cash, check out DLM. Maybe they still have a deflector in stock. Their parts are screen-accurate and fit the stock kit perfectly.

http://www.dlmparts.com/amtrefitreliant ... scale.html

Return to “Classifieds”