Official Current Pet Peeves Thread

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Official Current Pet Peeves Thread

Post by NCC1966 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Moongrim wrote:Or- I carefully add a few extra items into their cart.
Loved this approach. Have to try it very soon!

:mrgreen:
Thanks,

Yan.

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 pm

I may nave not mentioned before that I print these pinup and vintage images that I grab from Internet, stick it over MDF plates with white glue, then trim with a hobby knife and apply a couple double face tape at the back to fix it on the wall. I started doing it for decorate my office but then people started to ask me to make it to them and now I run a small online business where I sell them.

Here it is a couple snapshots from my office:

Regardless the horrible quality of my mobile camera, the result is really nice!

Anyway yesterday I walked in the quick printshop (I am being sarcastic with "quick") to print some colored pictures on couché paper. Not a lot of work, just 16 sheets of paper (13 from a file and 3 from another PDF) so it's basically to open the PDFs and send to the printer and the machine prints it in one minute or two. So it's normally a quick stop there and I thought that it would be super-fast because yesterday had only one person so I would be the next.

Guys, I may have been there for 20 minutes to a half hour. The new girl (they change them all the time) had to send the job for three or four different machines, so suddenly she stopped to do my stuff and started to do other (don't know why) then came back to my stuff and did it all over again, etc. And then the queue started to grow behind me. Every time she was sending my job for a different machine I had to run the closest as possible of her monitor (I was at the other side of the counter) to be sure that she didn't forget to check the option "actual size" (that is a MUST for me) because all those print services has the awful habit to keep the "adjust to the page" option as default. After a while the girls learn that all MY jobs are "actual size" and at certain point I don't need to warn them anymore but then when they are well trained the boss go and replace the team. Oh my...

And, before I forget, at the end and after the job is done it was another novel to PAY for the service!!!! I couldn't find any explanation for this.

Ouch!

:roll:
Thanks,

Yan.

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by trekriffic » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Moongrim wrote:Or- I carefully add a few extra items into their cart. I'd noticed the puzzled look on their face when a very old man is contemplating why exactly he had a box of condoms...and his wife isn't looking too pleased about it either.
LMAOROTFL

:rofl2:
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Return to “Off Topic”