Official Current Pet Peeves Thread

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official Current Pet Peeves Thread

Post by Tesral » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:44 am

Well, I've been eating stress balls since the first of the year. HOWEVER:

*The cat is still alive.
*My eyes are taken care of.
*The Hotel contract for the Con is signed.

So, maybe, just maybe I can get some modeling done?
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:25 pm

Tesral wrote:Well, I've been eating stress balls since the first of the year. HOWEVER:

*The cat is still alive.
*My eyes are taken care of.
*The Hotel contract for the Con is signed.

So, maybe, just maybe I can get some modeling done?
Don't announce that loud enough for Murphy to hear!
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:27 am

Moongrim wrote:
Don't announce that loud enough for Murphy to hear!
Him? He lives here.

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Here it goes my contribution... you await patiently to talk in person with someone (a job interview, a business meeting, etc) and when you finally have the chance to start the conversation the phone of your interlocutor rings and he/she interrupts you to give all the attention to the queue jumper.

:evil:

On a side note, after to read all the comments about the bad usage of certain English terms I am just ashamed of my posts!

:oops:
Thanks,

Yan.

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 pm

NCC1966 wrote:Here it goes my contribution... you await patiently to talk in person with someone (a job interview, a business meeting, etc) and when you finally have the chance to start the conversation the phone of your interlocutor rings and he/she interrupts you to give all the attention to the queue jumper.

On a side note, after to read all the comments about the bad usage of certain English terms I am just ashamed of my posts!

:oops:
Why be ashamed? I imagine that if I had to type Portuguese I'd not be so good at such, either.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:16 pm

I am having "cute as a button" tossed at my by an expert itty bitty kitty. It's not fair!

TonyG2
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by TonyG2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Pet Peeves?

People who use an escalator and then stand at the top/bottom blocking it so other users cannot get off. And they all seem to be hard of hearing as a polite "excuse me" seems to fall on deaf ears.

Same for someone who stands gossiping in a doorway. In. Out. Make up your mind....

People in the checkout at the supermarket who seem to have never been in a shop before. First they watch as the (usually) girl on the check out scans all their stuff. Do they use the time to bag the goods. No they stand their as if they expect the goods to climb into the bag all by itself. Then they are asked for the money and a look of confusion spreads over their face. Pay for it? Oh, I have to pay for it. Now follows the interminably slow search through purses, wallets and pockets for their charge cards. Then a further period where they try to decide if they should use their charge card or the NHS card. When the NHS card is rejected they search again. Then follows the delay when they try and recall the pin number. Failing, out comes the wallet again to find some cash. And still they haven't packed away the goods. Payment done they decide to pack. And slowly piece it all together like a game of Tetris......

What is so hard. Bag open and start chucking in the goods. Charge card already located an in your shirt pocket or even held between your teeth if in a hurry. Card in the reader even before they ask your. Stick in the pin, grab receipt and gone....

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:56 pm

The other day I was in a row where there was an old lady slowing down the cashier (passing stuff very slow, staring inside the purse as if was looking for wallet, etc) just to give time to her girl friend come with more stuff to be scanned.

Thanks,

Yan.

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Then their is the cashier with the case of the slows. Beep........beep........beep, as very deliberately, very slowly every item is scanned as if the event was of national importance.

Meanwhile your life is slipping away....

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:20 pm

And then the folks who like to leave their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle and walk away from it- sometimes many many feet away.

At which point their cart is moved by me- they get upset.

Or- I carefully add a few extra items into their cart. I'd noticed the puzzled look on their face when a very old man is contemplating why exactly he had a box of condoms...and his wife isn't looking too pleased about it either.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “Off Topic”