What to do about Photobucket

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

What to do about Photobucket

Post by Kremin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Although mine hasn't been restricted yet I'm expecting it any day, not looking forward to having to edit every post that has a picture using them. It has effected many forums I visit some of them have lost irreplaceable content

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: What to do about Photobucket

Post by el gato » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm sort of in the same boat. Prior to learning about AST's photo upload functionality I documented a couple of threads via Photobucket. I'm not going to fix that proactively. I figured if a thread is revived about a build, then I'll go back and restore the photos.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by SKO » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:29 pm

el gato wrote:I'm sort of in the same boat. Prior to learning about AST's photo upload functionality I documented a couple of threads via Photobucket. I'm not going to fix that proactively. I figured if a thread is revived about a build, then I'll go back and restore the photos.
wait does this mean we can upload images directly to AST? I use IMGUR for all of my uploads but if I could skip the middle man that'd be fantastic.

And yeah I am very sad about all the beautiful pictures that have been lost, saddens me when I scroll back through the 1/1400 thread for inspiration and a lot of my favorite old threads are empty now.

MSgtUSAFRet
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by MSgtUSAFRet » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Mine has already been restricted. I am updating my current build and maybe the ones in the Gallery, but the others will have to wait.

I am following Trekriffic's lead and migrating to Flickr. They offer 1TB of free storage.

Its really sucks that photobucket has resorted to cyber bullying to get finances and have hijacked so many threads.

SMH.

Steve

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by trekriffic » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:39 pm

MSgtUSAFRet wrote:Mine has already been restricted. I am updating my current build and maybe the ones in the Gallery, but the others will have to wait.

I am following Trekriffic's lead and migrating to Flickr. They offer 1TB of free storage.

Its really sucks that photobucket has resorted to cyber bullying to get finances and have hijacked so many threads.

SMH.

Steve
I migrated to Flickr! some years ago when when I crossed the free bandwidth threshold on Photobucket and they wanted me to start paying. Glad I did.
Last edited by trekriffic on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Data not on your computer is not your data. I have never used a third party service. Upload directly or the picture is on a site I control. Free today is not necessarily free tomorrow.

Now you are learning why.
Last edited by Tesral on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:45 pm

SKO wrote:
el gato wrote:I'm sort of in the same boat. Prior to learning about AST's photo upload functionality I documented a couple of threads via Photobucket. I'm not going to fix that proactively. I figured if a thread is revived about a build, then I'll go back and restore the photos.
wait does this mean we can upload images directly to AST? I use IMGUR for all of my uploads but if I could skip the middle man that'd be fantastic.
Ask and ye shall receive. Xen's posts have the instructions. One caveat: Picks have to be less than 1,000 Kb in any dimension
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by SKO » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:49 pm

el gato wrote:
SKO wrote:
Ask and ye shall receive. Xen's posts have the instructions. One caveat: Picks have to be less than 1,000 Kb in any dimension
Thank you, after you mentioned this I saw the attachment option and blundered my way to the answer from there.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:17 pm

I upload photos directly to AST but as a precaution I also upload to Imgur (previously used photobucket but was unhappy with the ads popping up).
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:11 pm

SKO wrote:Thank you, after you mentioned this I saw the attachment option and blundered my way to the answer from there.
:thumbsup:

Return to “Off Topic”