RIP Lenny

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
TrekMD
Head of Starfleet Medical
Head of Starfleet Medical

Re: RIP Lenny

Post by TrekMD »

I'm very sorry. I've had to go through that with my dog, Lobo, and I know how difficult it is. My condolences.
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

slawton wrote:Maybe you could honor him with a dedication in one of your future "trekriffic" builds.
Thank you Slawton and thanks to everyone on AST for all the kind words of comfort and sympathy.
We are truly a family here and I thank god for this place.

Regarding a dedication to Lenny I think that sounds like a great idea.
Maybe I could build a starship and call it the U.S.S. LENNOX, in honor of his official purebred name, Lennox Crystal.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

trekriffic wrote:Regarding a dedication to Lenny I think that sounds like a great idea.
Maybe I could build a starship and call it the U.S.S. LENNOX, in honor of his official purebred name, Lennox Crystal.
What a wonderful idea. It's always sad to lose a furry family member, and I think maybe it has not only something to do with how much we love them and will miss them, but because they are also innocent, yet very wise at the same time, at least in the older ones. They teach us something about ourselves as we watch them age gracefully or endure a serious illness. We may give them wonderful lives filled with food, shelter, fun, and love, but I think they give us much more than we can ever repay, except maybe to remember them always.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Del wrote:We may give them wonderful lives filled with food, shelter, fun, and love, but I think they give us much more than we can ever repay, except maybe to remember them always.
That's a very good point. For example, yesterday I went into our closet and Pierce was laying on the cat bed we have shoved against the corner. He didn't look up, so I assumed he was asleep. I was being careful not to make a noise so as to disturb him (completely forgetting cats sleep 3/5ths of their day, so my couple of minutes wouldn't severely hamper his beauty rest in any way). At one point I look down and he's looking at me, wide alert, as if of to say, "I knew you were there this whole time." I wondered if I would ever experience such joy and peace in simply being
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Del, El Gato,

Thank you for such kind and thoughtful words.
I must say I thought I was all cried out by now but each of your posts moved me to the edge of tears.
Man, it's hard not to get choked up.

Here are some more photos of the most special cat I'll probably ever know.

Lenny021.jpg
Lenny021.jpg (43.38 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
IMG_7481.JPG
Lenny Sun Bathing.jpg
Lenny Sun Bathing.jpg (83.31 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
How can I mend my broken heart? :cry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Vxk-muFLa4
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Post by Kratok »

My heart breaks for you.

My youngest daughter attended college in a very rural, very hilly and heavily forested area. While climbing one of the smaller summits one day, she heard a sound, and saw a TINY tabby kitten up in a tree, too afraid to get down on its own. She climbed the tree, brought it down, and set it on the ground. The kitten followed her to the top of her climb, back down to her car, and just looked at her as if to say "now what?"

So the two of them went home together, and have been together ever since.

Piper was a YOUNG kitten- only a few weeks old if I remember right - and I think she may have imprinted on my daughter as her mother. That cat LOVES her - they play together, wrestle together, sleep together, play Hide and Seek, etc. When she was younger, you she even played fetch - of HER choice, and invention. Piper could be sound asleep but ALWAYS heard when my daughter pulled into the driveway at the end of a workday and BOLTED to the door to meet her. She is not just LIKE a family member - she has actually become a family member. Those cute little headbutts as an expression of affection, their serene attitude toward life, the crazy little places they find to curl up and make their own, that low rumble when they are happy....cat's have a unique and wonderful way of finding a place in our hearts.

Your initial post was beautiful, and a wonderful tribute to someone who was obviously a wonderful friend. May you find happiness in memories of moments shared to console you in your time of grief.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

trekriffic wrote:How can I mend my broken heart? :cry:
It has been ten months since that last day with Zak. I still find myself reaching for his spot on the bed, tearing up at odd moments of memory.

Eventually the scar tissue covers the wound, but it never really heals.
ZakInChair-small.jpg
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

trekriffic wrote:How can I mend my broken heart? :cry:
Take your time grieving, man. You have to let it out. In time you get to realuze our furry friends never leave us. It's in those "odd" moments, when you reach for the spot they liked to sleep in, or when you catch saying their nickname out loud, when you know they're there.

What a great story, Kratok. My cat in high school, Garfielle, "imprinted" on me and was similar. I still miss her
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “Off Topic”