Please Delete At Earliest Convenience

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: trek music continues

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

I consider myself to be somewhat of an expert on Trek music and yet I find you have a greater knowledge of it! Well done, kobayashimaru.

I love the fact that more and more large city orchestras (Houston; for one) are playing more and more ST music (while simultaneously showing the movie); especially from the movies! The Polish National Orchestra has been re-recording popular themes for years! (Their cover of the "Generations" soundtrack is wonderful!) Star Wars, thanks in no small part to John William's genius and notoriety, has been played for many years. It only seems that recently, ST music is now being featured rather than simply included. Plus, Giacchino's virtuosity and notoriety certainly helps, too!

As a college trumpet player, I've heard M Ferguson for years and LOVED his rendition of ST TOS Theme; especially when he goes 8va only on the last refrain! It was only recently that I heard E Miyashiro's cover of the MF song and was impressed someone else could do so. BTW, if you're into screaming trumpets, listen to the M Ferguson memorial concert of "Gonna Fly Now!" with approximately 30 trumpet players all playing Maynard's part!

Okay, what do you mean by "Goldberg variant of TOS"? Who is Goldberg and why is this noteworthy?

Who is the Starshine Orchestra and Reift Blastorchestra?

I feel woefully uneducated. :)

Thanks for the topic!

Steve

Return to “Off Topic”