Stargazer (final pics page 8)

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Stargazer (final pics page 8)

Post by Steam235 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:55 pm

edited. I'm going through to fix some broken links. Hope it helps!
Last edited by Steam235 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:54 am, edited 6 times in total.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: My Entry

Post by el gato » Wed May 14, 2014 4:04 pm

You're building all of them?? :shock: :o :jawdrop:

Just kidding, I know you said this:
Steam235 wrote:It'll be one of these...
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Wed May 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Ambitious.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman » Wed May 14, 2014 4:57 pm

hmmmm..... kit bash with parts from them all .... hey wait a min .. thats my idea ........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney » Wed May 14, 2014 8:30 pm

I know which of those I'd like to see done, but they're all good! Can't imagine how you resist temptation and have all those unstarted kits about.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

My fledgling YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapanurgleForums

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Looking at them I just realized how many constitutions I have.
And the 1/350th refit box is actually holding parts to a galaxy class.

So my choices are,

Alternate time line Constitution Class
1/350th NX-01
1/1400 Galaxy Class, possibly converted to a Nebula?
Klingon Bird of Prey.
1/537th Constitution possible converted into an Akira configuration.

The 1/1000th refit and TOS might have an interesting idea. Imagine if the TMP enterprise was meant to represent a retcon of the shape of the original enterprise. Imagine a TMP back dated to a version from tos so as if all they changed was the engines, and torpedo bay. TMP saucer and engineering hull, straight pylons and cigar nacelles from TOS all grid lines filled in torpedo bay removed. TOS seondsor dome, bridge and impuse engines. painted in TOS colors..... does that make sense?

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder » Thu May 15, 2014 1:47 am

Kinda like the Phase 2 Enterprise???

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:27 am

Kinda like that but backwards.

If the TMP Enterprise is considered definitive, and all that was done to make it from the original constitution was new engines, bridge, and torpedo launcher and deflector...what would that previous version looked like?

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Thu May 15, 2014 3:27 pm

cannon fodder wrote:Kinda like the Phase 2 Enterprise???

Hey, hey! The Phase II in a contest has been done before. Granted, not done well, but still...

:P

Just kidding. Steam, I'm looking forward to your work on it if that's the direction you want to go.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 » Mon May 19, 2014 4:28 am

EDIT: Disregard I did not commit to this and instead I did a Constellation class ship.

OK, I'm committing I will build a TMP Era Akira style ship.

Here's the backstory. This is not a typical Starfleet ship. It's a JAG internal Affairs ship. Admiral McGann Commands the missions. His crew investigates crime scenes, conducts legal proceedings and transports prisoners. However his crew of Lawyers, Crime Scene Techs and Bureaucrats could hardly pilot a state of the art starship. For that they rely on Captain Davidson. Davidson is an Captain who never wore a gold shirt. He wears Engineering colors and is the only Captain of Engineering commanding ship. He has little to no interest in the ships missions and find a strong sense of pride in making sure the Admiral never has to think about the workings of the warp core.

For this build I will be using a AMT 1/537th Enterprise Kit. I will be using stock styrene to make an akira shape out of it. To support the back story this ship will have two bridges.

The true bridge will be moved back and attached to the impulse deck. I've always felt that it would make alot more sense in the older ships for the command deck to be closer to the inner working. Davidson's engineering command crew will only be a few rooms away from the warp core.

The Admiral's deck will be a showie gallery further forward where he and visiting brass can watch the stars and call orders to the engineering deck.

I am planning on lighting this ship.
Last edited by Steam235 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”