1/600 Loknar Variant WITHDRAWN

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

1/600 Loknar Variant WITHDRAWN

Post by Julien »

Hi all,

As Xen said that we had a bit of time to see what's what and decide what to do for the contest, I'm sharing my though process with you.

At first, I wanted to do a 1/350 NX-01, but it doesn't look like I'm gonna have the budget to buy the kit + the after markets parts (I'm gonna be an uncle for the 4th time very soon... ;) )

So, one possibility is the Revell 1/677 Voyager build as the Intrepid, with lights and PE.

But, another possibility is a kitbash for the Revell TOS Enterprise. That kit has never interested me due to the inaccuracy of it. But it's kinda moot if a go for a different design... So I though of the Loknar class. I've always liked the mix between the square and the round shapes.

It's not gonna be an exact replica but more like "inspired by".

For those not familiar with that design here's a pic from https://www.shipschematics.net

So, the saucer and the nacelles will come from the Revell TOS Enterprise, the square eng. hull will be scratchbuild, and the pylons either scrtachbuild or from the AMT 1/537 Refit...

And of course, to make things a bit more difficult, there will be lights...

I'm saying it's probable that I'll go with that, but I haven't got the Revell kit yet. I should receive it next week. So, I'm gonna take a look at it, and see how much work is involved, and I'll make the final decision then...
Last edited by Julien on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Belgian Builder
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Julien's Entry : Probably a 1/600 Loknar Variant

Post by Moongrim »

Well if you end up with the Loknar, it will be a unique build.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien »

Yep, specially at that scale with that donor kit... ;)

I've found your Loknar, Moongrim, beautiful build ! : https://www.allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.p ... lit=loknar
The Belgian Builder
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Thanks. I ended up making the pylons too narrow though.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Julien's Entry : a 1/600 Loknar Variant

Post by Julien »

Ok, So I'm gonna go ahead with the Loknar variant based on the Revell 1/600 TOS Enterprise.

Here's the "start pics" with proof of date :

As for the build, it's gonna be inspired by the loknar but not exactly that. One change will be the angle at the back of the main body. I plan to put shuttlebay in there, so it more logical to have them facing outwards. I'm not sure yet for the pylons, I might just used the ones form the kit...

Here's some schematics I drew up :

The Belgian Builder
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Nice project and not a ship you run into very often. Looking forward to watching your progress on this.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien »

Sorry, guys, I'm gonna have to withdraw !

I've been so busy these pasts few weeks, that I've never got the chance to focus on this project...

I'll make up for it on the next group build...
The Belgian Builder
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: 1/600 Loknar Variant WITHDRAWN

Post by Xen »

Please PM me if you want this thread copied to another section.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”