1/537 reliant (final pics page 16)

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

1/537 reliant (final pics page 16)

Post by cannon fodder »

Im a little late but im throwing in my hat. I just got an original issue 1/537 reliant model. Ill be using aftermarket decals as well as aztec decals. Im also not going to light this kit frankly because i dont know how lol. Ill post pics tomorrow.
Last edited by cannon fodder on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: 1/537 reliant

Post by cannon fodder »

Well, starting this build with this.

And moving to the real build. Got this model quite by accident on ebay for 25.00. Planning on a straight up build with aztec decals.

Interestingly enough unlike the repop this one has the sensor bands and windows etched into the plastic.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Wow that's kinda odd.i know round 2 changed it but I didn't know it was at the loss of the windows. I'd rather have the windows.

Also nice pizza no toppings or is there just that much cheese?
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder »

Local pizza shop, pepperoni, green peppers on half ham on the other. Yes it has that much cheese, best pizza around. I was surprised too about the lost details.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Both kits have plus's and minus's. What is the rolled up poster? I cant remember. Ill take it of your hands though :)
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder »

Its a pic of picard and the enterprise d. The kit was still factory sealed when i got it. A cool find for 25.00
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

if i remember right the repop had the corrected saucer thickness .. the original kit was too thin compared to the refit .. that may be why the loss of rim detail .
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder »

Perhaps, i never noticed it. I did notice that the nacelles look thinner.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Yep the repop fixed saucer thickness, as well as the rear hull around shuttle bays, impulse area etc... its possiable thats why they lost the window detaill how ever the windows in the original kit were in the wrong locations too. Its a fun build either way. I have 2 currently and a third i sold to a friend that he never built with the resin correction kit thathe said I could have back once he pulls it from storage.
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder »

Well im off for family time but tonight is me time. Walking dead on tv, and going to put to use some techniques i found on the round 2 site. There are some interesting tips on the article of them building the Vulcan shuttle. Like using glue in the right amount so that a little bit squeezes out, allowing it to dry and using that as your filler. Already tried it on a nacelle and it worked beautifully. The seam absolutely disappeared.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”