Newbie contest roll call (sign up here)

If you're brand spanking new or fall in the "basic/beginner" skill level, this is for you. This contest is closed.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Newbie contest roll call (sign up here)

Post by Xen »

Cannon fodder, you now have access to the Entries area. Get a WIP started asap (by March 1st) with a few words and a pic. I want at least 8 souls committed to this. The contest could not be easier. Do we only have 8 newbies willing to take part? :innocent:
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

I strongly encourage all modelers who are here on the boards and consider themselves as "just getting started on the path to greatness" to sign up. Really what do you have to loose? Everyone has to start somewhere, and sometimes, putting yourself out there gives you that extra little "boost" to try to get your skills up to the next level.

I myself consider myself to be a beginner in the finishing stages of modeling - painting, weathering and decaling. And I haven't even touched lighting yet either.

I can build and bash the cr@p out of sheet styreen but put an airbrush in my hands and... well lets just say eye protection is a much.

I have entered one and only one contest in the almost 20 years of modeling that I have been at it. I took a second place in Sci-fi (at a local IPMS club contest) and it put me on cloud nine!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so sign up and get to it! Woot!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
djeckhart
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by djeckhart »

If its not too late, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

You're not too late. Today was the sign up/start/thread creation deadline. Check our PM. :)

However, I'm going to extend the sign up deadline by at least another week, to try and get some more newbies/basic skill level folks to join. I feel that's still fair to those who have already started, since it's only a simple "out of box" build and the completion deadline isn't for another 2 months (May 1st).
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Xen,
i'll bite. I have a couple more weeks of crazyness, but i need to get back in the saddle.

Curt
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Access granted. PM sent. :)
ironman150
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by ironman150 »

Meant to do this earlier, but the newsletter reminded me.
I'd like to sign up. It will be a great way to actually do a project from start to finish.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Access granted. PM sent. :)
ulvdemon
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by ulvdemon »

I would like to get in on this if possible. I have a 537 scale Enterprise that I have only started sanding down the paneling, plus some unstarted kits. If I don't qualify, would love to get in on the "intermediate/asks way too many questions" contest!
Current Build: Revell/Monogram 1/48 F-14D

On Hold: 1/48 Revell Mig-21PFM
Completed: 1/420 USS Defiant
Completed: AMT 1/650(?) USS Enterprise
Completed: 1/72 Bandai VF-1J
Completed: Linbergh's USS Gato
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

I don't have the time to determine who truly is new, has basic skills or is at a slightly higher level. As long we I don't see a blatant abuse of the contest rules (such as a "newbie" making something only a veteran could manage), then it should be okay. Besides, we only have about 10 taking part, so it would be nice to have a few more.

Access granted. PM sent. :geek:

Return to “2014 AST Newbie Model and Miniature Contest (Closed)”