Inverted Miranda

From 2D to 3D. CGI to Old School sketches. Post all artwork here!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Inverted Miranda

Post by el gato » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:33 pm

NCC1966 wrote:
el gato wrote:But can we all agree that Federation ships shouldn't have the nacelles beneath the saucer? ;) :P
I couldn't DISAGREE more with this.
Ah, so we're in agreement... :P

Unlike other languages, which use double negatives to emphasize a sentiment, in English for whatever stupid reason, using two negatives in a sentence turns it into a positive statement
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Saying you "couldn't disagree more" isn't really a double negative the way you're thinking though. By saying it's impossible to disagree any more with your opinion it is comically saying they disagree. Like LOTS. I saw him saying that similar to how people say "I couldn't care less."

I HAVE NOW RUINED YOUR ATTEMPT AT BEING SILLY, EL GATO!

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Yes you have. HOW DARE YOU! :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Thanks, DefiantClient!

:)
Thanks,

Yan.

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:51 am

I like pairs. The odd number nacelle ships do nothing for me. My personal canon has morphed any odd nacelle ships I want into twin nacelle designs. The Hermes and Saladin are not two of those designs.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

MSgtUSAFRet
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by MSgtUSAFRet » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Tesral wrote:I like pairs. The odd number nacelle ships do nothing for me. My personal canon has morphed any odd nacelle ships I want into twin nacelle designs.
I'm with you, Tesral, about the warp nacelles needing to be in pairs. I think the nacelles act in pairs to form the warp bubble or warp wave on which the ship is pushed into and beyond light speeds. The presence of more nacelles (typically in pairs) would create a more stable warp bubble and, therefore being more efficient, inducing greater speeds.

The absence of paired nacelles, as is the case with odd numbered nacelles, would destabilize the warp bubble causing a collapse of the bubble/field at worst or, at best, reduced speedsl; because there is nothing for the single nacelle to "push' against. IMHO those ships with odd nacelles are impractical.

Another beef is the design of the DS9 Defiant; it has the warp engines, granted they are paired, incorporated into the primary hull. If, as I have previously stated, the warp bubble/field is formed BETWEEN the pair nacelles, then those ship designs where the nacelles are close to the primary hull, rather than away from the hull, would subject all personnel living and working between those nacelles to drastic distortions of subspace and matter/anti-matter collision and reactions; causing unknown mutations and human deaths.
Tesral wrote:The Hermes and Saladin are not two of those designs.

Except these designs, of course!

But everything mentioned above is hypothetically theoretical and doesn't take into account the "coolness" factor so, WT H.E. double toothpicks - do what looks cool and have fun building models!! :lol: :lol:

Steve

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Tesral wrote:I like pairs. The odd number nacelle ships do nothing for me.
I think I am in this boat too, although I learned to enjoy the "Constitution dreadnought".

However, I absolutely hate this thing with a single nacelle under the saucer (and any other similar to this):

Image :rocket:
Thanks,

Yan.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:35 pm

There's still the matter of the USS Aurora (NCC-17740) From the TOS before it was remastered.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Aurora_(NC-17740)

Did someone say ... dreadnought?

All Good Things.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Geez... this Aurora looks like a Origami frog!

:shock:
Thanks,

Yan.

MSgtUSAFRet
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by MSgtUSAFRet » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:54 pm

I never said the Dreadnaught wasn't cool looking or that it didn't make a great entrance in "All Good Things". I only said it seemed impractical to me to have an odd number of nacelles. ;)

Besides, I still like Franz Joseph's TOS Dreadnaught designs and have for decades! (Does that make me old?) :lol:

Return to “Trek Art”