Star Trek TNG Bridge Concept

From 2D to 3D. CGI to Old School sketches. Post all artwork here!
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Star Trek TNG Bridge Concept

Post by patrickivan »

Here's a little teaser of my current project. It's a model of one of the Concept Bridges for the Enterprise D in the Art of Star Trek.

I'm going to make the executive decision that this was the bridge on the premier U.S.S. Galaxy, for the namesake Class... Big, bold, unique. A bridge that screams unity, peace, and power from it's awesome size and display. A confidence almost as bombastic as the Romulans. LOL

More to come...

Oh- this is also what I based my avatar ship interiour off of, though on a smaller scale. I quite like it's fluid design, as it reflects the design aesthetic of the Galaxy Class...
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Star Trek TNG Bridge Concept

Post by patrickivan »

I forgot- the captain's chair and figure are google SU warehouse imports (or whatever the hell google SU is called this week)...
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

I think now it's Trimble SketchUp
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

I was being facetious. It's changed a couple of times since it's originator.

I started to learn blender, and even did a remarkable looking cup, per their tutorial. And I have no issue differentiating how SU works, compared to Blender, but man, as far as instant gratification goes, SU is the way to go.

Anyway- I'm off topic. I'm poaching my own bloody thread! Stop it, Me! Stop being such !!!!!!!!!

I just can't help meself!

No one can...

Who am I talking to now?
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

patrickivan wrote:I was being facetious. It's changed a couple of times since it's originator.

I started to learn blender, and even did a remarkable looking cup, per their tutorial. And I have no issue differentiating how SU works, compared to Blender, but man, as far as instant gratification goes, SU is the way to go.

Anyway- I'm off topic. I'm poaching my own bloody thread! Stop it, Me! Stop being such !!!!!!!!!

No one can...

Who am I talking to now?
Blender is a pain IMHO - even have "Idiots Guide" and it's of no help to me

Most 3D programs just don't work like my brain wants them to
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
feldon30
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by feldon30 »

I believe Blender was secretly developed as a torture device and then unleashed on an unwitting public. It has an interface only a mechanical engineer or possibly a theoretical physicist could love. Personally I use 3D Studio Max. Fortunately I think there's a student edition for free which is a nice savings over the $1,199 sticker price. :)
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

MEATLOAFr wrote:
patrickivan wrote:I was being facetious. It's changed a couple of times since it's originator.

No one can...

Who am I talking to now?
Blender is a pain IMHO - even have "Idiots Guide" and it's of no help to me

Most 3D programs just don't work like my brain wants them to
What? It's only like 25000 steps and commands to make a ball... What's the issue? ;)
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

feldon30 wrote:I believe Blender was secretly developed as a torture device and then unleashed on an unwitting public. It has an interface only a mechanical engineer or possibly a theoretical physicist could love. Personally I use 3D Studio Max. Fortunately I think there's a student edition for free which is a nice savings over the $1,199 sticker price. :)
Is that the rub? The more you pay, the easier it is to use?

Honestly, other than SU and blender, I've never even looked into what else is available. Or easy to learn...

But yikes... $$$$!!!!
feldon30

Post by feldon30 »

Autodesk software can be downloaded for free if you are a Student. I leave it up to the reader to determine if they qualify.

Autodesk does have one piece of software available for free to students, teachers AND hobbyists (ie noncommercial). It's Autodesk Fusion 360. It's a relatively new product, only 3 years old, but I'd imagine it is head-and-shoulders easier than Blender.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

feldon30 wrote:Autodesk software can be downloaded for free if you are a Student. I leave it up to the reader to determine if they qualify.

Autodesk does have one piece of software available for free to students, teachers AND hobbyists (ie noncommercial). It's Autodesk Fusion 360. It's a relatively new product, only 3 years old, but I'd imagine it is head-and-shoulders easier than Blender.
Nice, trying that program, get 3-years of use from making an account
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!

Return to “Trek Art”