Sort of roll call: Who's thinking of going?

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Sort of roll call: Who's thinking of going?

Post by Lonewolf » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:41 am

el gato wrote:Aw, bummer. He's got his priorities right, though
That's why I'm still happily married after almost 17 years (and my wife and I have actually been together for 23 years as of this coming September . . . since our Junior year of college in 1992).

One of my wife's co-workers, Karen, and her husband Jim have a time-share in Orlando. They have an extra week to use this year, and have offered to let us stay with them FREE in October. So . . . . we're going! We are in "savings mode" for airline tickets, because I'm not driving 26 hours straight through again. Did it in 2012, and never again!

And with October being "off season" before holidays and after schools have started back, we're seeing some pretty decent savings on tickets. We just have to get the week locked in, and once we have our tax return, time to book the flights.

But, as MacArthur said, "I shall return!" in 2017 . . . . with multiple entries for the contest, including a few figures I'm considering. I haven't done a lot of figures, so I'm gonna try something new. I've got a Star Toys 1:6 vinyl Gandalf kit waiting in the wings now.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:04 am

Lonewolf wrote:But, as MacArthur said, "I shall return!" in 2017.
What about 2016? :confused:
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:27 pm

Late post, wrong year. Yes to 2016, and probably 2017. Cydonia and I had talked about every other year, but my eldest daughter graduates in 2018, so that's not gonna work.

So . . . 2016, 2017, off 2018, there in 2019 and 2020, then off in 2021 (younger daughter graduates) then . . . . I'm an empty nester! Probably won't be there in 2023, as that's our 25th wedding anniversary.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:20 am

Rick Sternbach will be arriving Friday and departing on Sunday. I didn't get a chance to speak with him much last year, so this is great news. WonderFest USA on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Del wrote:Rick Sternbach will be arriving Friday and departing on Sunday. I didn't get a chance to speak with him much last year, so this is great news. WonderFest USA on Facebook
WOOT! I was majorly bummed that I missed last year's Convention With the Star Trek Gods. This will go a long ways towards numbing the pain
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm really hoping that John Eaves might show up again, but he's been at the past two, so I'm wondering if he'll make it once again this year. He's just like a regular guy and hangs out in the RI suite to BS about stuff. That's what's nice about these "behind the scenes" people. Recognizable celebrities MUST live somewhat guarded lives in the public for their own safety, but only us fellow geeks know the names of the model makers, CGI designers, and art directors. We're a small group who admire their work and don't necessarily think of them in the same way that the masses of deranged lunatics think of possessing actors and other celebrities. They know this, and feel at home talking to us or just hanging out to share stories.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:24 pm

I met John at the last WF I attended years ago. You're right, he's a really down to Earth kind of guy
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:03 am

Agreed! I make it a point to drop by and see him every year, and usually buy one or two prints. My problem now is that I'm starting to run out of wall space! :oops:

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:59 pm

Anyone else going?

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:07 pm

I truly wish I could attend.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “Wonderfest 2015 (closed)”