50th Anniversary TOS Group Build – Guidelines

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

50th Anniversary TOS Group Build – Guidelines

Postby Julien » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:32 pm

This is the official guidelines for the 2016 AST group build in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Star Trek The Orignal Series. The main goal is to have fun and celebrate the Star Trek Univers.

- The group build starts on April 1st and finishes on September 8th 2016. That means no work can be done before April 1st and the build must be completed on September 8th at the latest. Members can join in any time between April 1st and September 8th.

- This group build is only open to registered members of AST, if you aren't a member yet, you can register here : ucp.php?mode=register

- Multiple entries are allowed, but if we give away prizes, it will be 1 prize per member regardless of the number of entries completed.

- All scale and build allowed (plastic, resin, lighted, kit-bash, scratch-build, diorama, ...) but it must be a new project (i.e. unstarted) and it must be from The Original Series. Fan-designs are also allowed as long as there are done in TOS style.

- A build thread must be created in the appropriate forum (viewforum.php?f=67) and it must be updated regularly with pictures or video.

- If we get enough prizes, a draw will be done for the members who have finished their build in time, i.e. on September 8th at the latest. 1 prize per member regardless of the number of entries completed.

-If we do give-away prizes, a proof of start (i.e. a picture of the unstarted kit with the date) will be required. More info on that later.

- This is a group build for the community, so please be supportive of other members' work.

- If you share you build outside this forum, please mention that it is for a group build on AST and put a link to this forum. Group build are indeed a great way to promote a forum and its community.

- Members can already start a thread in the Group Build forum to show what kit they want to build and what they have planned for it. No work before April 1st though.

- This is a group build by the community for the community, so if you have any questions, remarks, or suggestions, leave a comment on this thread or contact me through pm.

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: 50th Anniversary TOS Group Build – Guidelines

Postby Drop_Bear » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:43 am

I'm thinking of building two models. Would I have to work on both of them at the same time or could I start with one and then begin working on the second one later?
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Julien » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:31 am

You can build one first and then the other.
You can start your build anytime you want between April 1st and September 8th...

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby Drop_Bear » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:03 am

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up!
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby zookman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:37 pm

what about a minor tos character that appeared in a couple episodes but never seen his ship .. unless its in the remastered versions which i havnt watched them all yet .. still need season 3 lol ...

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Julien » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:00 am

zookman wrote:what about a minor tos character that appeared in a couple episodes but never seen his ship .. unless its in the remastered versions which i havnt watched them all yet .. still need season 3 lol ...

As long as it's from TOS, you're good.
Kit-bash and scratch-build are allowed but it's must be from that era. Don't put the nacelles of the Enterprise -E in there for example.

Return to “2016 Group Build (Closed)”