50 x 50 ==> 2500 TOS (pic heavy)

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: 50 x 50 ==> 2500 (pic heavy)

Post by DefiantClient »

You got this Slawton! You look like you're on the fast track to finishing those 50 ships. :)
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

DefiantClient wrote:You got this Slawton! You look like you're on the fast track to finishing those 50 ships. :)
I will certainly try -- not sure if I'm on the "fast" track. I have 55 kits under way - 50 are assembled already and 18 are finished with more coming off the assembly line every day. There's some obstacles that could prevent me from completing some of the remaining kits and of course there are always final touches I may want to add. So there's still quite a bit of work ahead of me with the clock running.

Hopefully I won't disappoint.
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear »

slawton wrote:
DefiantClient wrote:You got this Slawton! You look like you're on the fast track to finishing those 50 ships. :)
I will certainly try -- not sure if I'm on the "fast" track. I have 55 kits under way - 50 are assembled already and 18 are finished with more coming off the assembly line every day. There's some obstacles that could prevent me from completing some of the remaining kits and of course there are always final touches I may want to add. So there's still quite a bit of work ahead of me with the clock running.

Hopefully I won't disappoint.
Not disappointing. Astonishing. 18 ships is 1,800% more than I've managed to build in the same timeframe!
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

Having a rough week - been in bed a lot due to flu/cold/strep throat (not sure, but a "Man Cold") and wife had surgery to remove the gall bladder. Back to work today, barely. Tough to be responsible for all the kids (somehow made it through an open house last night) and helping out the wife in this condition.

No recent progress, but have a long weekend ahead...

Introduction
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Obviously you haven't been breathing in enough paint fumes. :o

Seriously, hope you and the wife feel much better very soon.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

slawton wrote:Having a rough week - been in bed a lot due to flu/cold/strep throat (not sure, but a "Man Cold") and wife had surgery to remove the gall bladder. Back to work today, barely. Tough to be responsible for all the kids (somehow made it through an open house last night) and helping out the wife in this condition.

No recent progress, but have a long weekend ahead...
Oh man, I can grok all that. I've had my gall bladder out and it took a bit to recover. Best wishes for everyone's recovery.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

19-23. Klingon D7s (x5)

Here's 5 Klingon D7 ships from the 1/2500 TOS Cadet Series kit:
D7s.png
The top left is a two tone version (reminiscent of "Elaan of Troyius" episode) with a blue gray mixture on top and additional light ghost gray on the bottom. The next 2 are painted the same light gray (from Walmart rattlecan) plus additional light ghost gray on the top. The 3 on the right use paneling decals from MEATLOAFr with different degrees of subtlety. The 4th one is a blue/steel mixture reminiscent of a somewhat industrial version. The last a green/yellow/gray mixture leaning towards the DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations" version. Most have silver accents, with the green one having copper accents.
Last edited by slawton on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Introduction
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

I picked up two of these memento display cabinets from Michael's a while back (they were on sale!):
Cabinets.jpg
It takes a 9-volt battery and will light up with a ring of LEDs. I started filling them with models -- 1 for Romulans & other aliens and the other for the Klingons.
Last edited by slawton on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Introduction
Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Vahmp »

slawton wrote: KOOL! :D
I'm doing my 2 versions abit different.
I'm using fake pearl halves (the kind people that make Costume jewelry use).
You'll have to let us know how it turns out...[/quote]

Sure! I'll be opening a topic on a new build, wich I'll be scratchbuilding a TOS Miranda Class 1/2500 ship.
And the bridge deck will be made out of that type of bead. ;)

And BTW... Hope you and your wife are feeling better.
Laterz...
Vahmp
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

My wife has some bruising and still has quite a bit of pain, but she is improving. She is able to do more and more things for herself and is making steady progress. I had a minor relapse but am also getting better. Would have been nice for the kids to behave better and be more helpful, but that seems to be too much to ask.

I doubt I can get all 50 done by Thursday, but I'm not sure if I should withdraw or have a reduced count for the build. I still intend to complete the list (and more) throughout the remainder of the year.

Introduction

Return to “2016 Group Build (Closed)”