Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
User avatar
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby DefiantClient » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Love the way the secondary hull came out.

User avatar
trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby trekriffic » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:58 pm

I like that you used the hull from the Leif Ericson kit for the secondary hull. Since Matt Jefferies designed the Leif for AMT this is all in keeping within the Star Trek family. Perhaps my eyes decive me, but, it looks like the housing behind the the main deflector dish appears to be angled slightly to starboard. Is this something you plan to correct down the road? It could also just be the camera angle and shadows are fooling me.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

User avatar
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 am
Location: North East England

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby Kremin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:30 pm

trekriffic wrote: Perhaps my eyes decive me, but, it looks like the housing behind the the main deflector dish appears to be angled slightly to starboard. Is this something you plan to correct down the road? It could also just be the camera angle and shadows are fooling me.


It might be slightly out, last minute accident both sides of the top neck section snapped and so had to be quickly repaired without checking alignment :roll:

User avatar
trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby trekriffic » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:09 pm

Kremin wrote:
trekriffic wrote: Perhaps my eyes decive me, but, it looks like the housing behind the the main deflector dish appears to be angled slightly to starboard. Is this something you plan to correct down the road? It could also just be the camera angle and shadows are fooling me.


It might be slightly out, last minute accident both sides of the top neck section snapped and so had to be quickly repaired without checking alignment :roll:


Man, dontcha just hate when that happens? Still, not too hard to fix eh?
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

User avatar
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 am
Location: North East England

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby Kremin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:14 pm

trekriffic wrote:
Kremin wrote:
trekriffic wrote: Perhaps my eyes decive me, but, it looks like the housing behind the the main deflector dish appears to be angled slightly to starboard. Is this something you plan to correct down the road? It could also just be the camera angle and shadows are fooling me.


It might be slightly out, last minute accident both sides of the top neck section snapped and so had to be quickly repaired without checking alignment :roll:


Man, dontcha just hate when that happens? Still, not too hard to fix eh?


While sneezing, coughing and trying to see through watering eyes it was. Once I get over this I'll get to the post trials fitting out and correct any defects I find

User avatar
trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby trekriffic » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:19 pm

Kremin wrote:
trekriffic wrote:
Kremin wrote:
It might be slightly out, last minute accident both sides of the top neck section snapped and so had to be quickly repaired without checking alignment :roll:


Man, dontcha just hate when that happens? Still, not too hard to fix eh?


While sneezing, coughing and trying to see through watering eyes it was. Once I get over this I'll get to the post trials fitting out and correct any defects I find


Half dead and still completes the challenge! You are a modelling ninja sir! :ninja:
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5927
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby el gato » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:42 am

trekriffic wrote:
Kremin wrote:
trekriffic wrote:
Man, dontcha just hate when that happens? Still, not too hard to fix eh?


While sneezing, coughing and trying to see through watering eyes it was. Once I get over this I'll get to the post trials fitting out and correct any defects I find


Half dead and still completes the challenge! You are a modelling ninja sir! :ninja:


True that! :ninja: Great job Kremin! Now... will you replicate this design in 2500 ;)
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 5:33 am
Location: Doonan, Queensland, Australia

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby Drop_Bear » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:19 am

She may be a little dodgy on account of you being sick, but this is a handsome ship, Kremin. Can't wait to see her after her post-sea trials fitting out!
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

User avatar
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 am
Location: North East England

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby Kremin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:52 am

el gato wrote:
True that! :ninja: Great job Kremin! Now... will you replicate this design in 2500 ;)



Hmmm what scale Leif Ericson would you need for that ?

User avatar
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 am
Location: North East England

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Postby Kremin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:08 am

Just got in from work and have to take the child to school but this cold is getting annoying

Image

somewhere there are eyes here


Return to “2016 Group Build (Closed)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests