Bragging Rights Contest 2015 - El Gato's Entry - WITHDRAWN

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Bragging Rights Contest 2015 - El Gato's Entry

Post by el gato »

cannon fodder wrote:Any update pics?
I do but wasn't to willing to post any while the Tardis was in the "ugly model" stage where it's putty, primer, bondo, pieces that were removed to make better, substitutions that were not blended well yet etc. It is primered now and I'll post those pics tonight. Had things been perfect tonight I would have applied the paint and decals and call it finished before midnight.

But, there is always a but...

The Tardis has a few flaws that my AMS wasn't willing to let go. The model is not up to my current standards so, I'll have to withdraw *this close* to the deadline. But the reality is that I'd rather live with the heartache of withdrawing than submitting a sub-par model that I know could be better. I think it'll be done this weekend and share the pictures since a few were interested..
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Bragging Rights Contest 2015 - El Gato's Entry - WITHDRA

Post by cannon fodder »

Have you thought of doing another mold with your fixes?
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: Bragging Rights Contest 2015 - El Gato's Entry

Post by MEATLOAFr »

el gato wrote:
cannon fodder wrote:Any update pics?
I do but wasn't to willing to post any while the Tardis was in the "ugly model" stage where it's putty, primer, bondo, pieces that were removed to make better, substitutions that were not blended well yet etc. It is primered now and I'll post those pics tonight. Had things been perfect tonight I would have applied the paint and decals and call it finished before midnight.

But, there is always a but...

The Tardis has a few flaws that my AMS wasn't willing to let go. The model is not up to my current standards so, I'll have to withdraw *this close* to the deadline. But the reality is that I'd rather live with the heartache of withdrawing than submitting a sub-par model that I know could be better. I think it'll be done this weekend and share the pictures since a few were interested..

just keep chipping away at it

If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

cannon fodder wrote:Have you thought of doing another mold with your fixes?
The problem wasn't with the mold at the time (after 7 pulls it's pretty much shot now). It was with the resin. Unfortunately the cleanest cast I had was twisted. The one I selected for the contest was, in retrospect and unfortunately the most problematic. I had another cast that had major issues with the base and some loss of detail along the middle of the kit. The problems were bigger but easier to resolve than the cast I selected. The chosen cast had problems that were smaller in scope but ultimately harder to resolve as a whole. Work also conspired against me in that Monday and Tuesday were hellaciously long days that deprived me of time on the bench after work. If I had one more weekend it would've been fine, but I ran out of time. It happens.
2015-07-01 07.33.50.jpg
2015-07-01 07.34.48.jpg
2015-07-01 07.35.40.jpg
Btw, ignore the bubbles on the windows and the header where it says "police box." That's just the liquid mask.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Seems to me that that Tardis would be a great stand in for the 'War Doctor's craft.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Or the Tardis after the 10th Doctor regenerated

Return to “2015 Group Build (Closed)”