Bragging Rights Contest 2015 - El Gato's Entry - WITHDRAWN

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Bragging Rights Contest 2015 - El Gato's Entry

Post by cannon fodder »

Lol i'll take the tardis. I actually had the opportunity to meet Jon Pertwee and had the chance to sit in Bessie his car. Was neet for a young lad.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

cannon fodder wrote:Lol i'll take the tardis. I actually had the opportunity to meet Jon Pertwee and had the chance to sit in Bessie his car. Was neet for a young lad.
Oh WOW :mrgreen: That is just too cool!
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

cannon fodder wrote:Lol i'll take the tardis. I actually had the opportunity to meet Jon Pertwee and had the chance to sit in Bessie his car. Was neet for a young lad.
That is very cool!

According to Shapeways, the parts have been printed. I should get them by the 27th. Here is a peek at the decals. Some anyway, not all ;) Not to scale at the moment since I'm waiting for the receipt of the parts in order to dimension them properly. I'm very happy with the look of the "Police Box." I tried replicating the "lit" sign as best as I could.
Untitled.jpg
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

The parts are here! They look fantastic! Or is it molto bene? Regardless, even though they're printed, I still have to assemble a model (that's the Tardis in 1/72 on the top left hand side):
20150327_175109_resized.jpg
Only bummer is that one of the sides misprinted so I have to wait for a replacement before I can move forward:
20150327_175123_resized.jpg
Here it is with the pieces together (but not glued), along with its smaller sibling:
20150327_175247_resized.jpg
As I wait for the fixed side on to the decals. Allons-y!
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

el gato wrote:The parts are here! They look fantastic! Or is it molto bene? Regardless, even though they're printed, I still have to assemble a model (that's the Tardis in 1/72 on the top left hand side):
20150327_175109_resized.jpg
Only bummer is that one of the sides misprinted so I have to wait for a replacement before I can move forward:
20150327_175123_resized.jpg
Here it is with the pieces together (but not glued), along with its smaller sibling:
20150327_175247_resized.jpg
As I wait for the fixed side on to the decals. Allons-y!
Reminds me of a Doctor Who episode- Logopolis
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder »

Dude that is awesome. Are there panels to fit into the holes? How much did it cost to print?
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

cannon fodder wrote:Dude that is awesome. Are there panels to fit into the holes?
I guess the mesh was too thin in those areas, so it didn't print the panels there. No biggie, it's nothing a little styrene won't cure.
cannon fodder wrote:How much did it cost to print?
Depends on the material. I printed them in white detail. I'm assuming you're asking about the 1/35 scale version. If so, the cost breakdown for me was:

Front: $14.24

Back: $12.86

Sides: $10.38 each

Top: $26.84

Bottom (printed in WSF polished because I got cheap about the bottom :P ): $5.31

If they were to be printed all in WSF, the costs are:

Front: $5.37

Back: $4.85

Sides: $4.34 each

Top: $6.38

Bottom: $4.81

If you thought that was expensive, the first upload was for the complete model, no assembly required. The cost was $252.07 in white detail. :jawdrop: I guess it was that expensive to print the large interior, including the pool. :lol:

Anyone who is curious, the 1/72 version was $30.91 in frosted detail. To print it in WSF, the cost for me would be $7.96
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Decals are here! Woo-Hoo!!!

I've been asked by someone to print a Tardis in 1/48 and by another one in 1/350. :o I think what I'll do is make this available on Shapeways for people to purchase, either as a single piece or in parts in 1/32, 1/35, 1/48 scales and as a single piece in 1/72 or 1/350 is I can make it. It'd be awesome if I can do it in 1/2500 but I don't think it'll print that small :P
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Kremin »

Might be a good test of the frosted extreme detail material to see what it can do
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Kremin wrote:Might be a good test of the frosted extreme detail material to see what it can do
Maybe, but that stuff's expensive.

Long overdue update. Started assembling this thing after I glued thin styrene on the back of the sides.
20150417_151025.jpg
I also put some Bondo to the base and sanded it off to smooth out the part.
20150417_151102.jpg

Return to “2015 Group Build (Closed)”