Polar Lights 1/1000 TOS Enterprise "Pre-deco" Preview

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: Polar Lights 1/1000 TOS Enterprise "Pre-deco" Preview

Postby Moongrim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:42 pm

Warp Engines.
Aft End of the Port W.E. Some the magnatomic flux chiller lines were delineated clearly.
GEDC0810.JPG

Inside Grill work of the Port Engine.
GEDC0799.JPG

The only Warp Engine decal I've not managed to snap in two, on a model I've worked on.
GEDC0800.JPG
Last edited by Moongrim on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:48 pm

Primary Hull- a fine look of how the decals I've placed are SUPPOSED to look.
GEDC0798.JPG

Engineering Section- and looking fine.
GEDC0808.JPG

And the best part? Nothing to sand down to make it look better right here...we all know what I'm referring to.
GEDC0809.JPG
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Secondary Hull Details. The navigational light was a bear.
GEDC0801.JPG

Nitpicking- the Navigational Deflector feedhorn should've been silver.
GEDC0802.JPG

Even with a vise and CYA I couldn't get it to squeeze together more than this. And the inevitable cat hair adornment.
GEDC0803.JPG
- J.L.Picard.

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby NCC1966 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Now I HAVE to buy one!

:lol:

I got amazed by the details and what specially catch my attention was the doubled dome nacelle tips. I mean the red dome inside the clear dome. Very cool!

:)
Thanks,

Yan.

Dilithium_Dan
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby Dilithium_Dan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks for the pics and review, Moongrim! I saw this in my local Hobby Lobby yesterday and found your writeup so I could get a clue to the kit before I bought it. It's a nice kit for the money.

Richard Baker
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby Richard Baker » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:39 pm

I just got the Klingon D-7 kit in this series- I have a number of regular 1:1000 D-7 kits but that ship's true colors (pale lavender and a sort of sea foam green) are so difficult to match without an airbrush. A great kit- some of the hull graphics are not quite in the correct position but I am very happy with it.

nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby nova1972x » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:34 pm

Hey I am looking at assembling one of these kits too. I was looking at doing a Cage Enterprise setup, using some spare parts from another build. Are there any differences in coloring (IE needing to paint parts like Bussards, deflector, etc) between this version and the Cage version?

jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Polar Lights- Pre-decorated assembly kit. Kit Review.

Postby jkb-1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm going to try quoting from a page earlier in this thread where a photo of The Cage model was posted, looking for a nub on the front of the saucer:
DefiantClient wrote:It might be on the pilot version, though I'm still not 100% convinced.

It wasn't lighted yet, so you may want to color the Bussards a bit darker, and you can see the black stripes on the saucer. The registration numbers are in a different font, which may be harder to swap out; if you do, I think the underside has the port numbers reading with the same way up as the starboard side.

I finally found one of these a few weekends ago. Should have read this thread earlier. I thought the saucer, nacelles and secondary were assembled; turns out the parts that are pushed together I'll have to pry apart to insert other parts.

nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby nova1972x » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:05 pm

I still have the cage decals, and parts left over from my earlier builds (bussard end caps with the spikes, nacelle rear end caps, larger dish, larger bridge). To my eye, it appears to me I can paint the parts and they should install just fine. The Cage decals (black stripes) look like they might fit over the ones painted on the primary hull and pylons.

I guess my question is this: are the bussards supposed to be red on the Cage version, vs orange on the TOS regular production version?

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby andyh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:01 pm

The Cage version was painted solid copper with a clear red "wash" which tinted the copper slightly redish.

Return to “1/1000”