Federation Class Starship- Long haul Project 08/27/2016

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Federation Class Starship- Long haul Project 08/27/2016

Post by Moongrim »

Well I've shot off a couple of emails to Modular Models, and they've yet to reply or even acknowledge them. Which makes me wonder if he is in fact operational, or operational to the point of even doing anything other than collecting money from Paypal. It'd be nice to know kind of thing.

JTGraphics has replied to an email inquiry- and has stated that he is in fact Still Busy, so busy to not want any more orders for decals at this time- again.

Has anyone else been encountering such from them?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
cosika321
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by cosika321 »

Modular Models is very very slow to ship and reply. You do sometimes have to hound him a bit. I really wish he'd get his act together because his parts are very well done. I tend to place small orders, for stuff I don't need right away, and keep track of the order until I get it.

I haven't ordered anything from JT for a while, but he has been very up front on Facebook about how busy he's been taking on the casting duties and also working projects for his main business, and keeping customers updated on his progress. I have been wanting to place a custom order, but have been holding off because I know he's got a lot going on.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Thank you cosika, for the updates and info. It's kinda hard to have a huff going on when I discover I'm not getting singled out. :D
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Balls 1.jpg
This is the prize I chose from Federation Models, as from Julien the organizer of the 50th Anniversary contest on AST.

Now that I have these- I intend to use them as the Warp Engines for the Federation Class and the Balson Class starships. I have obtained some Sheet Styrene from Evergreen scale models/ 9080 Plain .080" Thick (2.0 mm), that will be used as the base for my Balson class warp engine pylon.
Something to work on and with until such time as Modular Models sends me the two Balson Class secondary hulls...
- J.L.Picard.
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

SWEET. Good lookin' nacelles you got right there. :lol:
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Balls 2.jpg
BWPM-1 (Balson Warp Pylon Mark-1), cardboard test fit.
Not 100 mm wide as first estimated. But down to 96 mm wide. But for those with the discerning eye- still too wide. The center of the nacelles are wider than the 135 and 225 degree marks on the Primary Hull. (Not seen- the tabs that fit into the slots of the Federation Models Ascension nacelles).
Balls 3.jpg
BWPM-2, cardboard test fit.
94 mm wide, much better. Now I've got the width measurements at roughly where I want them.
The primary hull here- is my first aborted attempt at making a 1/1000 refit enterprise. I mucked that one up something fierce. I held onto everything in the off chance I could use them for something else.

STILL awaiting for at least an acknowledgement from Modular Models that he received my order. He had no problem taking my money...
- J.L.Picard.
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

Mock-up #2 has better angles to my eye. Love it when a plan starts coming together. I can't wait to see how those modular models parts look when you get them!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

I agree. Mock #2 looks better for some reason. It's like #1 has too wide a stance
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

novahobbies wrote:Mock-up #2 has better angles to my eye. Love it when a plan starts coming together. I can't wait to see how those modular models parts look when you get them!
I've sent emails to all three of his listed email addresses, just asking for an acknowledgment that he's received my order- so far: butkis.

I'm starting to get the notion that I'm gonna have to come up with a backup plan to make a Balson Class Secondary Hull- purchase some Refit Enterprise kits at 1/1000 and see what experimentation will bring about. :?
- J.L.Picard.
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

Moongrim,

Sad to hear about the lack of contact with the supplier...

But the plan to make a Dreadnaught class starship is AWESOME!

I will be following this one with interest!

Steady as she goes!

Steve

Return to “1/1000”