Federation Class Starship- Long haul Project 08/27/2016

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: Federation Class Starship- Long haul Project 08/27/2016

Postby Moongrim » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:02 pm

Gidiot wrote:
Moongrim wrote:It's rather hard to accomplish anything- when your house is either cut off from power, or you're having to work overtime because other places are cut off from power.

But then, how else do you keep your reputation as a 'Miracle worker' ?

I'm afraid that multiplying my repair estimates by any factor won't do much good in these situations.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:54 pm

BW1.jpg

Third warp engine attached and waiting for it to cure.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Postby mophius » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Looking good :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

Max Nex
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby Max Nex » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:16 pm

^^^^^^
yeah , what he said ! :D

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby Drop_Bear » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:03 am

This is starting to look good, Moongrim. Can't wait to see further progress on this!
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Drop_Bear wrote:This is starting to look good, Moongrim. Can't wait to see further progress on this!

Thanks.

Currently in detail painting phase.
- J.L.Picard.

MSgtUSAFRet
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby MSgtUSAFRet » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Looking awesome, Moongrim!!

Steady as she goes!

Steve

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby Griffworks » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Looking great! I want to do one of these, as well. My currently plan, tho, is to use standard nacelles, one of which will come from one of the 1/1000 scale Heavy Fire Destroyer conversion kits I ordered.

A shame that MM is so unreliable, tho. I had originally thought to purchase the same secondary hull set you used. Instead, I plan to do some bashing, puttying, sanding, puttying, lather, rinse, repeat, etc... I'd have ordered quite a few of his pieces/parts.

Another thing I intended to do was to add megaphasers to the outboard warp nacelle/pylon area. It's a mega-kickbutt ship, so needs super, uber firepower!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Griffworks wrote:Looking great! I want to do one of these, as well. My currently plan, tho, is to use standard nacelles, one of which will come from one of the 1/1000 scale Heavy Fire Destroyer conversion kits I ordered.

A shame that MM is so unreliable, tho. I had originally thought to purchase the same secondary hull set you used. Instead, I plan to do some bashing, puttying, sanding, puttying, lather, rinse, repeat, etc... I'd have ordered quite a few of his pieces/parts.

Another thing I intended to do was to add megaphasers to the outboard warp nacelle/pylon area. It's a mega-kickbutt ship, so needs super, uber firepower!

I had thought about adding megaphasers there too. Ala- Ingram class. But I didn't want to get TOO overboard... :lol:

To be fair- MM did get me the secondary hull(s), just as close to the limit Paypal would've let me go before filing a refund deadline. The biggest challenge was mating the secondary hull parts up properly to insure alignment of the grooves.
- J.L.Picard.

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby Griffworks » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Say, you wouldn't happen to have an extra set if those Balson secondary hull parts, would you? :D
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

Return to “1/1000”