Wolf 359 Frankenfleet...

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
Gidiot
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Wolf 359 Frankenfleet...

Post by Gidiot »

Well here are the beginnings of my wolf 359 Style ships. These ships however were not at the Big 'Ol Borg Battle, rather they are just my ships of the classes that may have been there... with a few "others"....

IMG_3575.jpg
IMG_3579.jpg
IMG_3580.jpg
IMG_3581.jpg
IMG_3572.jpg
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Wolf 359 Frankenfleet...

Post by SKO »

Really looking forward to seeing these progress. What class is the ship with the sideways nacelles? The one that looks like a Cheyenne class but has a secondary hull instead of a second set of nacelles? I'm not familiar with that one, I thought I had all of the Wolf 359 ships memorized.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

Cool, Frankenfleet always amazed me in what parts went onto which hulls. I am always looking at the different designs and wondering if I can muster these up in 2500.

I will keep an eye on this one. :)
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Frankenfleet is such a good excuse to get away with creating the most odd looking ships.
"Frankly", I can't see how anyone can criticize a modeller who presents the most godawful fugly design for inspection since all he has to say is, "Hey, it was part of the Frankenfleet! So it's CANON biotch!!!" :lol:
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
Gidiot
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Gidiot »

SKO wrote: What class is the ship with the sideways nacelles?

It's my own, so eventually I want to get Shawn "Fuzzy Modem" Weixelman's Frontier class done up. see the image below. But that'll probably have to wait quite a while... :( so I decided to try and make a early TNG version. I guess we can call it the "Proto-Frontier" class. I realized I could approximate it this way. It gave me a chance to mix things up with out completely butchering anything.... I still for the life of me can't scratch build anything.... Anyone near Portland want to show an old man WTF to do?

I've also got my daughter wokring on Crazy Eddies Thufir and Chandley Classes (hoping CE will also give us the mesh for his Audacious Class as I'd live to tweak that just a bit - you can see the 1/2500 hull just above where it says "tools" on the wall...) but the Thufir and Regula 1 are 1/1400 as well.

c684db5aa2cb7f5a1389ddaf79c7fad0.jpg
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Fuzzy Modem Ship.jpg
Fuzzy Modem Ship.jpg (57 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
Wow! what a great looking ship! I'd love to build one. :drool:
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by SKO »

Gidiot wrote:
SKO wrote: What class is the ship with the sideways nacelles?

It's my own, so eventually I want to get Shawn "Fuzzy Modem" Weixelman's Frontier class done up. see the image below. But that'll probably have to wait quite a while... :( so I decided to try and make a early TNG version. I guess we can call it the "Proto-Frontier" class. I realized I could approximate it this way. It gave me a chance to mix things up with out completely butchering anything.... I still for the life of me can't scratch build anything.... Anyone near Portland want to show an old man WTF to do?

I've also got my daughter wokring on Crazy Eddies Thufir and Chandley Classes (hoping CE will also give us the mesh for his Audacious Class as I'd live to tweak that just a bit - you can see the 1/2500 hull just above where it says "tools" on the wall...) but the Thufir and Regula 1 are 1/1400 as well.

c684db5aa2cb7f5a1389ddaf79c7fad0.jpg
Wow. You guys are some impressive scratch builders. I actually like the Proto-version even more than the Nemesis era version
Gidiot
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Gidiot »

SKO wrote: Wow. You guys are some impressive scratch builders. I actually like the Proto-version even more than the Nemesis era version

Thank you for the kind words, but compared to quite a few of the guys on Allscaletrek, I'm a novice in training. :lol:
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Ooooh, a Thufir!!! I take it that was a printed model? I've been considering purchasing a 1/1400 Refit and kitbashing it into a Thufir for 1/1000 scale. Thus gives me further desire to do one!

Nicely done. Thanks for sharing!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
Gidiot
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Gidiot »

Griffworks wrote:Ooooh, a Thufir!!! I take it that was a printed model? I've been considering purchasing a 1/1400 Refit and kitbashing it into a Thufir for 1/1000 scale. Thus gives me further desire to do one!

Nicely done. Thanks for sharing!

Yup, Crazy Eddies was awesome enough to let my daughter get the mesh of his to make the saucer more accurate (Look to CE's shapeways in the -hopefully- near future and it may be there!!! if Meilene finishes it! :D )

Return to “1/1400”