What's in store for... aw, who's counting?

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What's in store for... aw, who's counting?

Post by Tesral »

Jason Abbadon wrote:I think those flush vents along the pod are for analysis of gasses- used for sucking up gasses, not expelling them.
The Oberth sucks and blows.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Tesral wrote:
Jason Abbadon wrote:I think those flush vents along the pod are for analysis of gasses- used for sucking up gasses, not expelling them.
The Oberth sucks and blows.

If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
Jason Abbadon
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Jason Abbadon »

MegaMaid is still far better than the new First Order ship designs.
Their new Super Duper Star Destroyer is SIXTY KILOMETERS ACROSS.

I'd pay real money for a Spaceballs 2 wherein they just added engines to the actual Manhattan island- and all the Stormtroopers are typically belligerent New Yorkers.
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder »

Jason Abbadon wrote:MegaMaid is still far better than the new First Order ship designs.

I'd pay real money for a Spaceballs 2 wherein they just added engines to the actual Manhattan island- and all the Stormtroopers are typically belligerent New Yorkers.
I once came up with a ship that was something like 27 miles long. It had one engine (At least as long as the main hull) mounted outrigger style.

In my defense, I was nine.

Can we get Tim Russ back, as a Spaceball trooper?
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Jason Abbadon wrote:MegaMaid is still far better than the new First Order ship designs.

Cities in Flight, James Blish
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Vahmp »

Jason Abbadon wrote:
Vahmp wrote: Well, I assumed that the Pylons were thick enough for a ladder or Jeffries Tubes if the power went out for any reason, giving manual access to and from it.
Naw. Over at the Flare Sci Fi Forums, we broke the whole ship down by decks- based on the ship's length and known deck height, the Oberth needs to be 150 meters long to even get a ladder in there- and that would be a nightmare climb at odd angles of six or seven decks height!

Imagine you work in a basement that's buried six stories underground and you have to ladder down every day- and halfway, the ladder is at a 20 degree angle...

No, I think maybe it can be serviced by teams beaming in, but that it's generally unmanned.

It's just a big sensor and telescope....and kinky sex dungeon. That's why the Klingons really blew up the Oberth- the Oberth's skipper forgot the "safety word".

It was "banana" damn it! BANANA!!!!
Hm... I don't think you understood what I said...
I said, that they can beam in and out EVERYDAY, and use the ladders in Emergencies out power Outages. Not the other way around. :lol: :lol:
Laterz...
Vahmp
Jason Abbadon
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Jason Abbadon »

No, i gotcha- but intra-ship beaming was still dangerous as heck in the TNG era- making it too risky to be part of the Oberth's design.

OTOH, I've always felt that intra-ship beaming should be safe and should be universal instead of turbolifts-
Just run a dedicated conduit for the matter stream to move along with a magnetic containment.

If you're sending a medical team from one end of the ship to the other, they should be using this method.
Security teams too- they'd arrive instantly to kick ass!
Of course, By TNG, A LOT of stuff should be handled automatically by the computer- if some jackhole beans aboard with a phaser, that weapon should be rendered inert.
Or beamed directly into a secured area.

But then, I also think that guys like the Romulans should be making examples of people by beaming their bones out of their business bodies as soon as they knock the shields down!

Suck on that, Riker, you boneless, bearded bozo!
Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Vahmp »

Jason Abbadon wrote:No, i gotcha- but intra-ship beaming was still dangerous as heck in the TNG era- making it too risky to be part of the Oberth's design.

OTOH, I've always felt that intra-ship beaming should be safe and should be universal instead of turbolifts-
Just run a dedicated conduit for the matter stream to move along with a magnetic containment.

If you're sending a medical team from one end of the ship to the other, they should be using this method.
Security teams too- they'd arrive instantly to kick ass!
Of course, By TNG, A LOT of stuff should be handled automatically by the computer- if some jackhole beans aboard with a phaser, that weapon should be rendered inert.
Or beamed directly into a secured area.
Yea... I was thinking the same... Efficient and rapid deployment.
But then, I also think that guys like the Romulans should be making examples of people by beaming their bones out of their business bodies as soon as they knock the shields down!

Suck on that, Riker, you boneless, bearded bozo!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That just cracked me up. :D
Laterz...
Vahmp
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Back OT, the USS Tomas
2017-12-27 18.04.52.jpg
2017-12-27 18.02.46.jpg
Had I realized this, I would've replaced the resin nacelles that came with the kit with 3D printed ones or stock nacelles from the PL kits. The different widths of the nacelles bug me. Not enough to force me to redo this ship, but it is still an irritant
2017-12-27 18.00.29.jpg
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Hossfly72
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Hossfly72 »

I can't tell if it's just the photo or if there really is a blue-ish tint to the white, but I love it. What color did you use?
i don't know. I'm making it up as I go.

Return to “1/2500”