What's in store for... aw, who's counting?

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
Scotchyn
3/4 Highlander, 1/4 Tamale
3/4 Highlander, 1/4 Tamale

Re: What's in store for... aw, who's counting?

Postby Scotchyn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:08 am

well done, really really good job on those!

Frank Fowler
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby Frank Fowler » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Very nice!! I have spent the summer doing nothing. Oh well.

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby Griffworks » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:06 pm

Those look great!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Thank you gents! I hope to do most of the Redemption by today. Won't be able to complete it because I messed up on some decals :?

I decided to take stock in where I am today vs. 2014, which is when I started this thread. Since Crap-o-bucket has locked out the pictures, here they are again. This is what I started with:

dc1b1416-a5db-4b9e-8b6f-71317b47da43.jpg

DSC_0008-4.JPG
DSC_0008-4.JPG (65.3 KiB) Viewed 1116 times

From the bottom picture, I've started none of those. From the top picture, here are the completed models, left to right: USS Wasp, USS al-Haytham, USS Maria, USS Cyclone, USS Horizon, USS Federation and Cardassian Ral'Nassa

2Completed.jpg
2Completed.jpg (118.09 KiB) Viewed 1116 times

Here are the assembled and in various stages (may not be painted or painted but not decaled), clockwise from top left: Romulan ProtoWarbird, Klingon Early BOP, Klingon D5, Klingon D4, USS Pasteur, USS Tomas, JJPrise, USS Nebula, USS Irma, USS Redemption, B'rell class KBOP and USS Phoenix Rene

Assembled-in-various-stages.jpg

My goal is to finish the remainder of the ships here so that I can move on to another thread...
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:15 am

These are the current banes of my existence. The provided decals for the USS Phoenix Rene ripped and the decals I made for the nacelles and the "bird motif" underside were incorrectly sized. For the USS Redemption, I forgot to make decals for the side and underside of the photon torp housings
:redcussing:

2017-09-05 18.54.11.jpg

2017-09-05 18.57.14.jpg
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:17 am

On the positive side, I finally finished the USS Equinox by adding all those teeny tiny little windows

2017-09-05 18.58.22.jpg

2017-09-05 19.00.28.jpg

Admittedly, the registry numbers on the nacelle pennats are oversized. Ask me if I care to correct them :lol:

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby Griffworks » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:34 am

I think the nacelle pennants look great!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks! I thought I sized them correctly based on the artwork. Seeing them on the model they look "big," relatively speaking. The model is tiny.

We're supposed to have a temporary cool off this week, starting today. I'll take the opportunity to blast one last clearcoat to protect the decals and then a shot of dullcoat to knock the shine down, as has been requested numerous times. Maybe I'll take a class photo :thinking:

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 am

So my frustration pile grew by three over the weekend. The decals I have for the USS Tomas and USS Irma (named after my mom, not the hurricane) and the Klingon D-4 were insufficient. They join the USS Phoenix Rene (not pictured), USS Redemption and USS Phobos in my waiting-for-new-decals yards... :S

2017-09-16 20.20.06.jpg

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 am

Desperate to finish a stupid model, here is the Strikehawk Drone. It only needed 6 decals :lol:

2017-09-16 20.31.12.jpg

2017-09-16 20.31.50.jpg

Return to “1/2500”