JS masters.......

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: JS masters.......

Postby OdysseySlipways » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:11 am

okay, since i didn't find anything on the Romulan Warcruiser to look at to see if there should be anything extra made for the ship (including decals - windows, ensignia, ...) i can mold it as is but only if there's enough interest in it to do so at this time.

i have been looing for more information on the larger Klingon ships (so far the D-7's and the Neg'var) looking mainly at the rear of the ship at the rear torpedo launcher and the Impulse engines and the surrounding details.

I know i still have a bit more searching to do tonight but i think at this time i have some idea as to what i want to try to do. it will be a separate detail part for the rear of the ship and the one right now is to include a set of impulse engines and a central torpedo launcher but to get further along, i need to see if i can get someone to draw the rear of the Fek'lhr so i can have a full size template to sketch some more detailed ideas on (to make sure it'll fit properly when built). so if someone would be willing to try to do this for me, that would be great as i would post it and allow anyone else to sketch something up that i might not think of.

another idea i was thinking of was to just make a single, central mounted impulse engine, no weapons.

there is another part of the ship i am looking to try to make a part for (and may attach it directly to the master), the shuttle bay as there's no doors present (unless a set of decals would surfice).

so now i a off to find a nice, large set of D-7 drawings so that i can scale down the rear of the ship so i have a better idea as to the size of some things such as the Torpedo launcher and the shuttle bay doors - unless someone in here has a nice set of drawings they could pass on to me.

so in the mean time, i would like your input as to the rear of the Fek'lhr's details.

as soon as i or someone could draw up the rear of the ship so i can doodle on them, the sooner i can post them for you to see and get more input on.

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:48 am

just was searching for some more shots of the Negh'var and found just about everything else start rel but what i wanted.

one thing i did find was that i am not going to try to attempt to put a single impulse engine onto the rear of the Fek'lhr as the ship is just too big for just one (i was starting to look at the rear of some cheesly drawn up BoP's) and then realized they were two completely different sized ships and i could reasonably try to fudge the smaller Impulse engine onto the larger size ship (like they would do on some of them cut/rescale/paste ship designs).

i was also looking at the rear of the Fek'lar again and found the bottom of the hull was slightly curved like the top, so my trying to draw it isn't gong to happen (i don't have a good drawing program, just MS paint) unless someone with a Fek'lhr could do it.

so i'm off this time to look for some scale D-7 drawings that i can scale to 2500 scale and print out the rear and lay it onto the back of the Fek'lhr to get an idea of items vs workable space.

another question to you, do you just want a decal for the shuttle bay doors or would you want hard detail?
*hint, if you say bay door decals, there's no way i can mess it up - i won't be the one drawing t up :D )

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:15 am

okay, found some nicely detailed (and quite large) drawings of the K'tinga that i have to copy a few more pictures of, but the one with the rear view is what i'm looking to use seen here:

(seems i can't copy just the thumbnail)

but i am taking it from this page: http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/sd-ktinga.php

after i get another picture or two that i want, i'll look at their D-7 to see what that has (thats if they have a D-7)

but anyway, i'm going to print the ship out to 2500 scale and then clip the rear of the ship (torp and impulse engines) and set it over the rear of the fek'lhr and start figuring out a bit more of what i want to do detail wise.

i may cut out part of the picture in MSPaint and fittle with it to show what i am thinking and then post it for you to see. i'll show the other impulse engine shape ideas i was thinking of possibly using.

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:29 am

the Fek'lhr was inquired about again and thought i'd give this thread a bump while i'm looking for any new or better looking pictures of the ship

ian
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby ian » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:23 am

Put me diwn for two endevours please. :D

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:28 am

sorry, when i revived this thread i thought it was for the Fek'lhr but there seems to be 2 other ships listed as well.

right now i am looking to dig out the Fek'lhr master, snap a pic, post it and see about what kind of detail should be added to it before it gets rubbered

as for the Endevour, it's going to be put on a poll (after the Luna is released) alog with other possible ships to see what gets done next (in 3-D and i have a new 3-D'er to use)

ian
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby ian » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Well crap....... :(

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:58 pm

i don't even have decals for any of them

ian
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby ian » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:37 am

I'd buy them even without the decals.

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:57 am

i do have some of the engineering hulls casted (somewhere) and i think a mold for the ncaelles, all i'd have to do is mold the pylons and th saucer i think

Return to “1/2500”