In Progress - Sasser Class Attack Cruiser

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: In Progress - Sasser Class Attack Cruiser

Post by Lonewolf »

Holy crap! It's been that long since I worked on this kit? Frack me! :o :o :o :oops: :oops: :oops:

Since my last post in this thread, both of my parents passed away (October & November 2016) and we moved into a new (to us) house (August 2016).

Dang!

Anyway, the Sasser Class is back on the bench and inspiration finally struck, which enabled me to nail down the design for the impulse engines. I have to fix an issue with a nacelle that's a bit out of true as well.

Watch for some updated pics soon. My eldest daughter graduates from high school in a week so I'm kinda caught up in that at the moment.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
dJiPi
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by dJiPi »

Hi L.W.
I am trying to do something similar but with the 3D printed saucer from CE Shipyards that got some impulse engine from the Excelsior design because the impulse engines have disappeared from the neck after neck reduction (resin kit from starship Modeller store).
Indeed, I am trying to “refit” all old ships so they can still fly with Ent-E era ships.
Problem with the saucer is that the lip/edge is too much “angular” for my taste....
dJiPi the froggy
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

I ended up being inspired when I saw some leftover nose gear wheels from a 1:144 F-111 kit. I built up the area using Aves, got everything pretty much square, then pressed the wheels in below the saucer rim, side-by-side.

Not as large as the drive section on the Ambassador, but I think it'll fit. Besides, impulse engines aren't meant to be directional - they just "flow" straight aft down the fantail.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

Return to “1/2500”