Luna, the (ongoing) project (still continues)

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Luna stl files - hoping to hear some good news about them.

some of you know about the never ending Luna project. you may also know Kip (passed away) did the 3D work for this 2256 scale kit.

finally the ship was printed, molded and cast and awaited for decals but was eventually shipped without them.

Kip sent me 2 disc with files on it of the ship (one is a copy of the other) but they don't seem to be the finished files that were used to print the kit.

surprised? at this point i guess i shouldn't be either as it's still finding a way to be a pain in my ass even after all this time. i tried to look at the files in Rhino but because i don't know how to use it i can't work it properly to get better views of the parts but i do know that things like the nacelles and the pylons were printed as separate parts but aren't saved that way. in the files i have they are all 1 piece (parts and pylons part of the nacelles) so these files weren't the ones used for printing.

what's the problem with that? simple, i can't just take a file and get a pylon printed with correctly matching tab and slots to match what i am currently using and that's the way the files were supposed to have been saved and sent to me.

so why is the Luna coming up again, i just took a shot at transferring the files to Charles to see about him using them to make decals for both versions of the Luna. yes, i'm going to see about trying to get them drawn up again but just not right now but soon i hope.

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Luna, the (ongoing) project (still continues)

Postby OdysseySlipways » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:36 am

just heard from Charles and said he could try to do something for the decals but because these stl files and not a working file it'll take a bit more work and time, so i said no rush, it's only been how many years since i have tried to get this FPITA done?

sorry but i still feel like i'm getting brown end of the stick on this project and now from the great beyond.

i was to have gotten all the files (working too) but i didn't. makes me wish i didn't remember i had these discs from kip

marcnoonan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby marcnoonan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:55 am

I could separate and finish them. 8-)
My Shapeways Shop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/1/2500%2 ... e-products

Gallery
http://www.shapeways.com/designer/marcnoonan
If there's any model of anything you want that's not available anywhere.....send me a PM.

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:37 am

i'll keep that in mind of i ever need to replace any of the parts

Return to “1/2500”